Any1 tint an 05 Accord Sedan Recently...

Guest mrfooky

Hey all!

On the 05 Accord Sedan:

How did you handle the matrix structure on the back window? How'd it turn out?

Did you install felt on the windows to prevent scratching? Is this a must?

Thanks!!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey all!

On the 05 Accord Sedan:

How did you handle the matrix structure on the back window?  How'd it turn out?

Did you install felt on the windows to prevent scratching?  Is this a must?

Thanks!!

[*]314298

ALSO,

Do you take the door panels off to tint, or leave them on? Seems like most on this board say take them off, but the shop I'm looking at wants to leave them on. Your thoughts please?

Thanks!

everyone installs differently... some dont' remove panels some take 'em off. doesn't make either right or wrong. I remove em.

just like panels...matrix is handled differently too. some glue, some vinyl. I glue 'em.

same with gaskets...some install felt to reduce risk of scratching...some consider it Honda's problem. It's not our fault your car doesn't have felt gaskets. having said that....I install felt when needed. :spit

Guest tint rookie

no need to pull panels, esp. on a honda

never problem one with latemodel hondas and scratching, unless the owner did it, no felt needed.

vynil the matrix, avoid the void warranty issue. some films should be fine and you'll never have an issue. cant tell ya what film the shop youre going to is gonna use. some have issues others dont. a high end film thats not prone to fail should be fine with the glue. but anything less quality deffinitely vynil.

do you really know what youre getting when it comes to film? or is the shop trustworthy enough? (just speculation, elvis, dont get youre p@nties in a bunch) ive never seen vynil not stick to them damn dots or void a warranty.

personally I vynil

no need to pull panels, esp. on a honda

never problem one with latemodel hondas and scratching, unless the owner did it, no felt needed.

vynil the matrix, avoid the void warranty issue.  some films should be fine and you'll never have an issue. cant tell ya what film the shop youre going to is gonna use. some have issues others dont. a high end film thats not prone to fail should be fine with the glue. but anything less quality deffinitely vynil.

do you really know what youre getting when it comes to film? or is the shop trustworthy enough? (just speculation, elvis, dont get youre P@NTIES in a bunch) ive never seen vynil not stick to them damn dots or void a warranty.

personally I vynil

[*]314341

How can tint void a warranty, please explain, especially on my honda. im planning on getting F1 Pinnacle if it matters.

F1 dealer here.  On this vehicle we do remove panels.  We felt for small charge when the gaskets require and never use glue or vinyl.  Matrix turns out near perfect with our secret method.

[*]314347

harvey,

I see you are in GA. Could you please share w/me your secret method? I am in MI and will be going to the F1 dealer in Toledo, OH.

Archived