customers watching you work

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I tell them that due to insurance regulations they have to wait in the waiting room, sometimes I don't mind them watching, but when you got to take stuff apart I don't want them watching cause they always think your breaking the car.

I got a 8 foot sliding window between the shop/waiting area and I got it tinted 5% on one side and 15%mirror on the other so they can't see me working.

I guess I'm just an @#$%

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a guy come in today... I was just finishing up with my first job, and he was dropping off my second.

When he made his appointment last week, he was inquiring a bunch about the top edge of his roll-downs. I basically told him that there wouldn't be a gap, the film just ends at the beveled/radiused corner cut in the glass.

He said he would like to roll-down one of the windows that I had completed on this four-door I was finishing. I told him no, you can't roll them down for 24 hours. I was installing the last piece on the driver's door, so he wanted to watch. I installed it and he's like... oh, that's no big deal. I just didn't want any suprises.

What? Don't you trust me dude? I told you last week there wouldn't be a gap. Damn... people nowadays!

Guest mustangman55
Or how about when they say, "If I knew it was that easy, I would have done it myself!"?

ooooooooh I can't stand that? :sad

Oh, and BMW owners, sheesh, don't get me started...? :spit

[*]321185

hey TD, I want one of those underground weather things, how do I do that? :dunno

[*]321193

I don't mind them watching, I just h@te that age old question, "Does that go on the outside?"

I h@te when they are watching and something breaks.....don't get me wrong I will fix or replace whatever is necessary to make the job right....but when they are there it is so hard not to swear when some little plastic f'in tab breaks off a trim piece and they are right over your shoulder...."oh yean we use super glue on all these pieces....."it is just easier to show them what happened rather than them seeing it happen..... :dunno

Archived