need advice

I'm kind of tired of all the lurkers, I know from the ip's that most are members who chose not to log in, I'd like to make parts of the board unviewable to guests, but my dillema is that as soon as those forums are not viewable by guests, they will be removed from the search engines. This is the main reason I havent made the whole board members only.

I'd like to make several forums unviewable, but I'd like some feedback about this first from people who actually enjoy participating here.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest FastBackJack

Thats a hard one TD. But how bout this? Make only the general discussion viewable to guests. To view everything else you must be a member. :evileye

I'm not sure what to do, it just pisses me off, it's no big deal I guess, I'm probably just taking it personally. I'd rather have the site do well in the engines, or we won't even have lurkers. I dunno, I have just had a rough couple of days, so I guess my fuse is short lately.

Guest SQUEEGEE

TD,

Alot of times I'll drop in and if I don't see any new posts I won't log in.

Maybe members like me are part of the problem. It doesn't bother me a bit to log on as necessary to access the rest of the site.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'll just go with the flow.

Guest thetintshop

I always log in, no matter if I post or not. I would say keep a couple open, like the GD, and the makes section, and the unregistered users.

the way I see it, if you don't have the time or don't want to register your name, you don't need to be reading the "good stuff" anyway. JMFO though.

Archived