2 tint or not 2 tint?

Guest ricklaugh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ricklaugh
I am a bit confused though...... are you concerned only with the heat, or safety factors as well from wind blown debris?

Sorry for the confusion, but I am after all...just a simple Canadian :bingo)

LOL

almo :spit

[*]326760

My main concern is reducing the heat. My wife also wants maximum light transmittance. Safety factors are a minor concern to heat. Based on various spec sheets that I have read on the web, I believe I can quantify it as follows: we want better than 50% total solar energy rejected and better than 50%, maybe 60% of visible light to be transmitted through. I came across something called Hilite 70 by Bekaert in their Panorama series. It is advertised as 55% total solar energy rejected while allowing 72% visible light transmittance. That almost sounds too good to be true. Do you know anything about this? Given these specs, I bet it is more expensive as well. Since we can't have a clear film with superior heat reduction, what is the next best, cost effective solution?

funny you mention that...as soon as I read this...

we want better than 50% total solar energy rejected and better than 50%, maybe 60% of visible light to be transmitted through.
first thing that came to mind was Hilite :bingo

Guest ricklaugh
if you like the night vision....llumar has a dual reflective and solargard/panarama has a slate.  all listed are very good films.  very effective as well.

[*]326702

Do you know anything about Bekaert Panorama Hilite 70? The specs that I have read on the web are impressive. Since we obviously cannot have a clear solar film with superior heat reduction, what is the next best, cost effective solution? Summary:

Heat Reduction: main priority. I would like enough reduction to eliminate need for blinds, etc.

Light transmittance: number two priority. Want as much as light as possible.

Safety film: not a concern

Glare: low to medium priority. We do receive glare from a pond directly behind our home on the south side. The sun does reflect off of the pond and into the home in the middle of the day.

Privacy: low priority. Neighbors are 100 yards in all directions.

Winter concerns: very few since we live in central FL.

Colors: not that important. Prefer clear, neutrals, grays, etc. I don't believe the wife would prefer bronze, copper, etc.

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Guest ricklaugh
funny you mention that...as soon as I read this...
we want better than 50% total solar energy rejected and better than 50%, maybe 60% of visible light to be transmitted through.
first thing that came to mind was Hilite :bingo

[*]326823

Apparently, we were typing at the same time. Thanks for the reply. Is Hilite expensive? If so, are there alternatives? Thanks again for your help.

Hilite is expensive. more expensive than the other estimates you got. you could look into Panarama Sterling films. In my opinion even going with a 50% film is light enough that you'll never notice that it's there. I've got Bronze 35% on my home and NO ONE notices that it's tinted (from the inside anyway).

Panarama or Vista films are great films that can fullfill your needs. I don't know enough about other brands to comment. :bingo

Guest tintgod

have you checked out suntek... here is the link

they have a SYDS50.. 47% VLT/50%TSER..dual reflective..very nice looking film..check it out.. :spit

just helping you out with other options :bingo

and an excellent alternative to those high end films

just like metint said...just becuz it is a cheaper film...doesnt mean that it is lower quality

The Hilite 70 is a new release for worldwide consumption.

It is very expensive film being sputter coated and offers high light transmission with reasonable total solar energy rejection and a reflectivity of not more than normal clear glass.

That's if you consider 55% TSER adequate enough?

Forget glare reduction as it is nearly clear on the glass.

Consider also their Panorama ST 60A as a much cheaper alternative (well at least downunder it is).

Devil

Archived