2 tint or not 2 tint?

Guest ricklaugh

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol6? Sterling 60 would be a great alternative if you want that clear of a film.?  :lol2

[*]326924

Yep... Sterling 60 or Vista VS 61...

This includes and is not limited to, Hilite 70, Vista VS 60, Vista VS70 or VKool. All these have TSER's above 50% and high visible light transmissions... though, VKool has a pressure sensitive adhesive, again, not the best adhesive for hot, humid climates.

There has been no communique from Bekaert OZ to say that ST60A has to be edge sealed even near the coast. This is despite asking them directly about this issue.

I have fitted rolls of the stuff over time and never had an issue with the product. Maybe it's better than the alternatives? :lol6

Devil

:uh  Sterling 60 would be a great alternative if you want that clear of a film.  :uh

[*]326924

Yep... Sterling 60 or Vista VS 61...

Although, I'd have the edges sealed to be safe from the corrosive salt air over Florida with any of the films made with silver.

This includes and is not limited to, Sterling 60, Hilite 70, Vista VS 61, Vista VS 60, Vista VS70 or VKool. All these have TSER's above 50% and high visible light transmissions... though, VKool has a pressure sensitive adhesive, again, not the best adhesive for hot, humid climates.

[*]326966

so what would happen if installed in a hot humid climate? :uh

I am in the midst of personally testing all these products...meaning I have ordered and requested samples.. placed film on about 50 different pieces of glass...and installed different films on my own home. I live in Texas and Vancouver. I put Vkool 70 and vkool 35 on my texas home. I am now wanting to go into business so as you can tell...I noticed heat reduction right away!! I just put Vk-70 on my vancouver home and although it is not even hot right now...it's beautiful. It doesn;t just allow the light through but it seriously improves the view! I have also done baseline and benchmark energy analysis on a few projects with v-kool and with madico the rate of return was always within 2 years in Texas so in my mind that pretty good. Heres the stats for the 70% (CLEAR):

Solar Energy Rejected: 55%

(Solar Reflectance:26.5% Absorbtance%38.5 Transmittance:35%)

Infrared heat rejection: 94%

Light transmittance: 70%

Safety film: will help

Glare: I don't know the stats your supposed to use here but My house looks absolutely normal and I can see the TV with no blinds.

Winter concerns: U .94, Emmisivity.6

Colors: Its a light grey...but seriously clear. The VK35 is a light grey and slightly darker but still an impecable view!! The difference between the two are well the stats are different but to me as a "customer" they feel the same.

If you want to consider these...I would suggest get a sample of both. Apply to 5X7 picture frame so you can see how it looks. Buy a $14 infrared heat lamp from home depot and let your wife decide. No matter what the decision she makes, she will know you put the best film on and if she doesn;t like either...you put the heat lamp in the bathroom for when she gets out of the shower it warms and dries her and you won't mind if your home is red hot anymore!

I can not service an install in FL. but if you e-mail a mailing address or PO box I can arrange a sample and estimate to be sent easily.

good luck! rebekhaf@empoweres.com

[*]326828

but it seriously improves the view! 

I can not service an install in FL.

[*]327042

That's because it reduces glare enough to see the things outside more clearly. :uh

Everyone would love to service Florida... but tinters in Florida are like rabbits on a farm... over time there's plenty of them around. :uh

so what would happen if installed in a hot humid climate?

Do a search on this site for discussions on the difference between PS and CDA or CDF... :uh:lol2

Metitnt,

How about de-tacktified PS ?

It was mentioned in a companies pitch a few weeks back.

A company renowned for adhesive faliure.

:uh

[*]327085

Youtitnt...

... Detack or not to tack... PS. I won't... You just have look at Sunbelt/gulf coast cars running around with five to ten year old film on the glass to get your answer about the life expectancy of that type adhesive.

Next time you're in Cocoa Beach Florida, look closely at the glass bank right where the north end of A1A splits through town. There you will see what CDF looks like after 21 years a block of the ocean.

Wetint

I have always insisted on CDA for flat. Our climate is much like Fl's

I had never heard of De-tactified :uh

I was just curious of the Lab's perspective on that glue Pitch

sounds like BS to me

Wetint

I have always insisted on CDA for flat. Our climate is much like Fl's

I had never heard of De-tactified? :inot

I was just curious of the Lab's perspective on that glue Pitch

sounds like BS to me

[*]327089

I'll give it to you from what I know and have experienced for myself...

Detack is PS... the liner of those films has the detackifier on it, when the liner is pulled, it transfers to the adhesive. It then becomes necessary to wash away the detack agent or it will interfere with bonding.

Those who use it are accustomed to washing it away and will say, not an issue... the consumer seeing the water it takes to install those in comparison to CDF/CDA adhesive systems can come away :inot and you just say :bingo

There is an office complex that the sales people I know like to use as an example... I think it's in the Koger network (no not grocery). (true) Story tells of a bid going down between a detack adhesive and a CDF adhesive... 8 buildings total. Detack wins the bid, but someone in Koger's system wants to compare because they've heard how well CDF holds up long term... they have seven bldgs done in detack and one in CDF. Between 7-10 years the CDF people were asked to come remove and replace the detack bldgs for the stuff had gone south.

Detack people can only muster up a, "Well CDF changes the surface of the glass forever". Yep, it does... I defy anyone to show it to a consumer on a visual basis. Though... once cleaned it still looks like glass... Once PS is cleaned away, it still looks like glass.

Back when I had to pound the pavement for a living, I had a detack guy telling people, "CDF is very difficult to remove"... and I would always follow with, "Yeees IT is, however, why would you want to remove an investment of this magnitude... unless it failed to perform".

Archived