please explain reason for edge seal purpose?

Tint,

I've never had to do it until now if I want to sell Beks new Hilite 70.

That is required as a must do.

My thinking is that if you have to revert to that old age procedure, then we are turning the clock back 25-30 years.

Aren't films supposed to be better these days? :cool

Can't stand the idea of extra friggin work when you think the job is all over.

Devil

for any external application to prevent water and humidity from eating away the metal layer.

for those internal high tech films using humidity sensitive metals like silver and such.

for any safety film application where this low level edge attachement is sufficient for the cause.

for any application where it may make no sense but the warranty or the customer asks for it.

devil: "better" films (products) sometimes justify extra time and effort for protecting the higher value of it.

extra frigging work can mean extra frigging money. It could also mean no sale because the over all cost has blown up but then you could offer it as an option and it would be up to the customer to take a risk. Anyways at the end you are regarded more of an expert as your potential competitor who didn't talk about any risk and didn't offer a solution.

for any external application to prevent water and humidity from eating away the metal layer.

for those internal high tech films using humidity sensitive metals like silver and such.

for any safety film application where this low level edge attachement is sufficient for the cause.

for any application where it may make no sense but the warranty or the customer asks for it.

devil: "better" films (products) sometimes justify extra time and effort for protecting the higher value of it.

extra frigging work can mean extra frigging money. It could also mean no sale because the over all cost has blown up but then you could offer it as an option and it would be up to the customer to take a risk. Anyways at the end you are regarded more of an expert as your potential competitor who didn't talk about any risk and didn't offer a solution.

[*]328188

Bloody well said, Kohler... change is inevitable, misery is optional!

Guest tintwitch

edge sealing is only required in specific areas with films made with precious metals (silver or gold). usually when installed within five miles of the ocean to prevent corrosion. films like huper optik sech, drei, vista specta select, vkool, and hi-lite . the darker the product like drei or a vk 40 are more vulnerable due to the fact that they contain more silver than their lighter counterparts like sech and vk 70. if you install these products all you have to due is ask the mfg for a map so you know if you are cool or you need to seal it.

Interesting guys...in our Mad line up down here there is not one of their flat glass solar films that requires sealing.

In Bek there is only the new one, all their others including Panorama don't require sealing and I think the same can be said for J, 3M and Sungard.

Devil

Interesting guys...in our Mad line up down here there is not one of their flat glass solar films that requires sealing.

In Bek there is only the new one, all their others including Panorama don't require sealing and I think the same can be said for J, 3M and Sungard.

Devil

[*]328749

Sounds like they're a little hindered in their capacity to keep pace with the evolution of film products...

Guest afterhours

I know this sounds stupid but what are you calling "sealing". I've done alot of automotive tinting but maybe 2 or 3 flat glass jobs. I'm looking to start doing alot more especially in the winter months to come I want to know I'm doing the best job I can. thanks sorry for the stupid question. :lol6

I know this sounds stupid but what are you calling "sealing". I've done alot of automotive tinting but maybe 2 or 3 flat glass jobs. I'm looking to start doing alot more especially in the winter months to come I want to know I'm doing the best job I can. thanks sorry for the stupid question. :lol6

[*]328775

ive just started to cork "seal" some of my work...after this week

post-11705-1129915991.jpg

post-11705-1129916080.jpg

Archived