mobile tinting

Guest tintgod

Guest tint rookie
tint rookie? were u at? :eyebrows

[*]328439

hi ho, been doing a lot of mobile tinting lately, local real estate teamed up with enviornemntal crap suks ass here. (taking on detailing too).

I forgot how much I missed it.

always something new to see, always a new challenge. last week I had ZOLARs haram watching me. fun with the sprayer I must say.

as for quality and time suffering, I must say yes, there is a set up/takedown handycap. as long as your rig is set up, right, and you keep it organized. youre in and out pretty quick. im runnin outa my jeep for now.my buddies call it the "tint tank". hard top has nice flat glass for double cuts. its like having all your tools two or three steps away from ya. nice flat roof for cutting film for sides.

as for cleanliness...... you got your clean install list to go by of course. but most importantly, if you consistant in yourroutine speed will follow. with all the variables your forced to deal with, the faster you are still following the rules, the less chance of contaminants. ive actually done work in a dirt lot for wholesale auctions that came out just as clean as if I did it in a shop, in less time.

wind is a mutha though, not much you can do.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done a few mobile TINT... I find that it takes so much longer to do them with all the driving, set up, and then trying to get paid (especially at dealerships). .. then there is the drive to the next stop.....tractor trailer if they got there own building I will go to....in not at my shop pulled against then 9 foot door usually works....

but my hat is off to the guys tinting mobile who do pro style quailty.. :eyebrows

Guest tint rookie
I've never tried to tint outside and don't think I would be able to handle it, too much of a perfectionist

[*]328674

you can still be perfect outdoors, just need to be more skilled

Guest Sprinter

been mobile since 95 I've done a hand full outside

on dirt parking lots out in the wind, did a back hoe and it was misting then started to snow. you refine your technique thats for sure I do all tinting in a garage or carport or in their covered parking space. I've only ever walked away about 5 times in 10 years mostly from too strong a wind.

most jobs take 2 hours in and out, when its windy out you get your rear window ready for install and when you feel the wind die down enough you peel and stick it.

this is where "its truely an art" comes in.

you just get used to doing it this way.

you get your rear window ready for install and when you feel the wind die down enough you peel and stick it.

[*]328802

That how I would do it, this is were reverse roll comes in handy because this way the adhesive side of the tint is only exposed for a few seconds :wall

..focking windy..cars driving by as you have the tint peeled

[*]328419

Always windy in Florida, TG... except in the early morning before 10, 11 o'clock unless a fronts coming through. :popcorn

The meaning of mobile is different to each tinter.

I am doing some mobile until I set up a new shop, but I get to work inside the dealerships body shops.

That would suck to be doing it outdoors though

[*]328433

Working outdoors or in a body shop are one in the same to me... both places really suck for getting clean installs. BTDT :lol

Archived