mobile tinting

Guest tintgod

Guest tintgod

did my first mobile tint on two front doors today..gotta get the money if they wont come to you at this time in my biz..anways

boy did it suck...I don't know how you guys do it that do it on a reg basis..focking windy..cars driving by as you have the tint peeled..I got it done..but it was a pain in the arse..but I charges him accordingly :finger:

you gotta do what you gotta do with a new biz..but it make me wanta :phone ..or :eyebrows:finger:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:finger: I don't know how you mobile guys do it in the wind and rain/hot direct sun ...I won't judge your work because I havn't seen it ...but it would amaze me to see it done in these conditions and see it come out as pro "shop" quality ..I'd truely be impressed (not sarcastic ) :eyebrows

Guest tintgod

I straight up told the guy...its not going to be top quality like it would be if I did it at my shop..and im going to be the first one to admite it..it wasnt..but it was good to his standards..and as long as he was happy with it..its all good

plus...while doing his job...got two more potential jobs..so..it all worked out good for me I guess

Guest tintgod

but the two jobs I may get..I told them I would have to do it at my shop if you want the best quality...told them I would pick up and deliver if needed...for a fee of course :eyebrows

I am certainly not a full-time mobile tinter, but I have some mobile experience. There are many times when I will take on a job in the parking lot of my shop when the bays are full, a few times when I have tinted at a remote location, and some experience doing semi trucks, that don't fit in my shop.

The only issue that I have had with tinting mobile is the wind. The sun and heat is not an issue, 'cause I love hot weather and adjust my slip solution ratio accordingly. Of course, I will not do it in the rain, and here it is season specific. I will not tint outdoors if it is colder than 50 degreed F.

Guest FIREMAN68

Well mobile tinting is all I do for right now till I get a shop somewhere. When I'm tinting outside I make my cuts on the outside, and then squeegee the tint on a 3ft by 4ft plexiglass. Get inside shut the door set my plexiglass on the other seat and clean my window. Then I peal my liner and then put it on the window. That takes away all the wind and dust thats on the outside. It can get real hot in the car or truck but guess what it comes out pretty good with very little dust specks. Also I love it when I go to a naborhoods because the nabors always wants to know whats going on, and ask me what im doing. I tell them and then its always "can you do mine to" and boom another customer.

Man I can't wait to get my own shop. One of these days but got to take it slow. Everybody know what im talking about.

:eyebrows

:finger: I don't know how you mobile guys do it in the wind and rain/hot direct sun ...I won't judge your work because I havn't seen it ...but it would amaze me to see it done in these conditions and see it come out as pro "shop" quality ..I'd truely be impressed (not sarcastic ) :finger:

[*]328429

Trust me TW it can be done but it takes longer alot longer to do a car outside :eyebrows

:finger: I don't know how you mobile guys do it in the wind and rain/hot direct sun ...I won't judge your work because I havn't seen it ...but it would amaze me to see it done in these conditions and see it come out as pro "shop" quality ..I'd truely be impressed (not sarcastic ) :finger:

[*]328429

Trust me tw it can be done just as clean outside but it takes alot more time and prep :eyebrows

[*]328429

Trust me tw it can be done just as clean outside but it takes alot more time and prep :eyebrows

Archived