How long before opening shop??

To all shop owners out there....I was wondering how long did you all work in the industry---either for yourself, someone else, dealer work....etc..etc.----until you all decided to venture out on your own???

I have done mostly mobile accounts for the past 3 years part time only and will be opening my tint shop within 2 monts and would like to know if I actually make a sound decision or should I cancel the contract???

I consider myself to be very good at what I do, but I know being a shop owner is a very difficult task. So, all comments opinions are very welcome.

Guest yellowkawi
when you can tint anything and everything without being scared or making it look like hezell, then your ready.

2 weeks tops.  >>>>> :cool

[*]328605

I need training.....

Any pros wanna comment on an upcoming shop. I would like to know any pros/cons of owning a shop (besides the headaches). Any words of wisdom????? I rather hear it straight forward from you guys......................

[*]328621

Well if your one to live pay check to pay check forget about it, sometimes you get paid some time you don't :cool

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I worked for a shop for a year and half doing most of the cars the shop put out, it took about six months of that year and half to learn to tint real good. After that opened my own spot and have been sucessful for about 3 years now. But be prepare for winter months, they can make or break you

Archived