How long before opening shop??

I just opened my own place after working for someone for 9 years. Ive been open for about a month now. I had a following that I built up at that shop and now have to make aware of where I am. Sometimes they say if you make it past the first year.. youll be ok. We'll see. :lol6

Oh, I do everything from tinting, paint and light protection, accessories, rims/tires and anything else someone wants.

Any pros wanna comment on an upcoming shop. I would like to know any pros/cons of owning a shop (besides the headaches). Any words of wisdom????? I rather hear it straight forward from you guys......................

[*]328621

Well if your one to live pay check to pay check forget about it, sometimes you get paid some time you don't :lol2

[*]328655

:lol6:lol6:lol6

Sometimes they say if you make it past the first year.. youll be ok.  We'll see.  :lol6

[*]328682

Oct 28 will mark my first year, on the 27th Im going bankrupt :lol6 naw things are going a little slow but who isnt.

best thing to remember is keep good track of your expences!!!!!!!!!!!

treat the customer honestly.

dont use crap tint, it will like a goat, bite you in the butt.

tint, vinyl graphics, and ppf.

we lay the sticky stuff

One thing you need to know before opening youre own shop is this. I dont care how well you can tint. You better know a little about business first.

I have seen alot of business go under or just never make thier full potential because the owner does not know a thing about business.

When your working for a shop and you know that your going to open your own shop someday. you should first concentrate on learning how to tint obviously. After you feel comfortable in your skill level. Swith your learning process over to the business end of tinting. pay attention to what and why the owner does what he does. look at what he does that hurts him , and what helps him.

learn from his mistakes before they become yours.

If your in an area with a bunch of tint shops around. every year or so go work for another shop and learn thier business tricks. by doing this not only are you getting a better idea of how to run a business. your also learning how to out sell your competition by knowing their marketing strategies and so forth.

Now while your working for other shops you promote yourself at the same time. not to your employers customers though thats just stealing if you ask me. but throw your cards out there build your business up while learning how to run it

Archived