Has this happened to you?

when a door glass doesnt roll up or down ,

I give them an option of either doing the car anyway, but at the same time letting them know the workmanship on that window aint gonna be as good as all the other ones. and that when they get that window fixed, that they'll have a 1-2 inch gap on the edge :please

or....

I can check out what the problem is and fix it for them, at an easy very easy price. :please

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a guy call back on a job of mine one time and said the drivers door started peeling, I said no prob bring it in and ill fix it at no cost becuz its under warranty. he says cool, brings it in and I wlk out to give it a look and both front doors are as clear as new glass. I ask him where the film went he said I thought I would help you out and take it off both sides since the passenger started peeling too. I thought hell this guy is pretty cool, I pull it in the shop and clean and prep and as I start for the film he says, hey is there anyway I can go darker this time to match the darkness of the back glasses. couldnt believe the dude was looking for a free ride. I say nope the warranty covers the replacement of the same shade, if you go darker you have to pay. he says just put it back the way it was then. I couldnt believe the nerve.

as far as windows not working, sorry get it fixed or no tint for you. I worry more about my name than the money, build your name, money comes with it. who knows for sure that if you tint the window that doesnt work and leave it an inch from the top, that they will bring it back when fixed. if they do get it fixed and dont brink it back then everybody is going to be asking who did the work and why the tinter screwed that window up. the owner is not going to look like an asshat to his buddies and say oh that window didnt work when I had it tinted. cuz he knows they are going to call him a frikin moron. tinter gets the blame for this one

Guest FIREMAN68
had a guy call back on a job of mine one time and said the drivers door started peeling, I said no prob bring it in and ill fix it at no cost becuz its under warranty. he says cool, brings it in and I wlk out to give it a look and both front doors are as clear as new glass. I ask him where the film went he said I thought I would help you out and take it off both sides since the passenger started peeling too. I thought hell this guy is pretty cool, I pull it in the shop and clean and prep and as I start for the film he says, hey is there anyway I can go darker this time to match the darkness of the back glasses. couldnt believe the dude was looking for a free ride. I say nope the warranty covers the replacement of the same shade, if you go darker you have to pay. he says just put it back the way it was then. I couldnt believe the nerve.

as far as windows not working, sorry get it fixed or no tint for you. I worry more about my name than the money, build your name, money comes with it. who knows for sure that if you tint the window that doesnt work and leave it an inch from the top, that they will bring it back when fixed. if they do get it fixed and dont brink it back then everybody is going to be asking who did the work and why the tinter screwed that window up. the owner is not going to look like an asshat to his buddies and say oh that window didnt work when I had it tinted. cuz he knows they are going to call him a frikin moron. tinter gets the blame for this one

[*]334016

So did you end up charging the guy for the new glass he had put in or did you do it for free. And I would of threw him off and asked him how he pulled the tint off. This sounds like a good poll question for everybody. :lol

Maybe when trying to make a name for yourself and if you have a relativly new business I might be more likely to make concessions.

At the point I am at in my business I feel I already have a good name for myself and if I extend my hand of graciousness and someone slaps it away then thats it. No discussion. Character and integrity are rare qualities these days but it has to start somewhere. Some people will bad mouth you no matter what you do but some, even after trying to get over on you, will actually respect you more when you stand your ground. You definately dont want the word to get out that you are a push-over idiot that caves easily or you will become a magnet for all the low life for miles around. Compassion and fairness should always be considered when dealing with your valuable customers but never let someone rob you of your integrity.

Archived