Has this happened to you?

I tinted this car a while back and one of the windows didn't work, so I tinted it as best I could, ya know, 1" top edge. Well this moron comes back and says," I don't know what happened to this window, it must have slid down or something." Yeah right, A-hole!! Like you drove around with your window tint like that for 4 months, and just now decided to get it fixed!! So he seriously expects us to replace it, crazy @#$%!! I also had a guy come in once and say we forgot to tint one of his quarters, he just noticed it, a YEAR later!! Man! What's your best " trying to get my window tinted for free" line?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give 'em the option, either cram it and live with it forever ugly,

or the tint for that window goes home with them in a core tube

and I install it when and IF they get it fixed

Guest tinterjim

Ususally what I do is let the customer know that I'll do the best I can, and when, and if they ever get the window fixed to bring it back I'll I'll redo it for free. I have never had 1 person show up for the redo :rollin

Ususally what I do is let the customer know that I'll do the best I can, and when, and if they ever get the window fixed to bring it back I'll I'll redo it for free.  I have never had 1 person show up for the redo :rollin

[*]333607

That's what I do minus the "free" part.

To me..that's like me taking a vehicle into a shop for a paintjob but I have a 1/4 panel all smashed in..they paint it anyways and they say "if down the road you ever get that fixed..we'll repaint that part for you at no charge"

Why should they do extra free work when the customer brought a defective vehicle in :beer

I know that with tint it takes much less time then repainting a 1/4 panel...but it's still the same principal :spank

To each his/her own way of calling the shots :lol2

Guest FIREMAN68

I had a customer tell me a month later that a corner of his window peeled up and that his buddy pushed it back down then it was ok. I went to look at it and it was still a perfect window. Then I told the customer that once it peels up after it dried that it will not go back the way it looked at the begaining and he got pissed cuz he thought I was calling him a lier. So I was like Sir If you like I will redo your window for free if you like me to. And he left cuz he wasn't getting his money back. His truck was so perfect that I even took pic. of his truck for my book. Some people are :ahole and just want to rip you off.

Bingo.

I had a couple come back after a few months tinting their hoopty (perfect job) and wanted their money back because the film had a microscopic white area where it met the frit lines. ( they were !llegal aliens and needed ther money back for rent).. my idiot boss (not my current one) was a no balls piece of shiot (unless it came to insurance fraud for his glass replacements) caved and made me strip the job, give their money back and give my cut back to him. Needless to say, I don't work for that POS anymore.

Archived