Has this happened to you?

Guest FIREMAN68
Bingo.

I had a couple come back after a few months tinting their hoopty (perfect job) and wanted their money back because the film had a microscopic white area where it met the frit lines. ( they were !llegal aliens and needed ther money back for rent).. my idiot boss (not my current one) was a no balls piece of shiot (unless it came to insurance fraud for his glass replacements) caved and made me strip the job, give their money back and give my cut back to him. Needless to say, I don't work for that POS anymore.

[*]333614

I would be PISSED man that suck and to be !llegal aliens that did that would make me ever more PISSED. Thats a pretty good war story. :rollin

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Too bad the old bossman wasn't in the car stripping it down with you TD..might think about it differently ..Glad your not hooked up with a guy like that anymore :rollin

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I check to make sure all of the windows work properly first.if I do find one that does'nt work,I give them the option of tinting it anyways,redoing it free of charge when it is fixed.or fixing the window problem for a small fee,and then tint it.or not tint it,send the piece of cut film home with them,come back later when the window is fixed.I hope this made sense. :spank:rollin

Guest tint rookie
Bingo.

It's not retinting a window that is the problem, it's allowing a liar to push you around.

[*]333582

never said you didnt have to call em on it......

I professionaly tell em flat out, I dont agree with what they are saying, but ill take care if em, one time.

if they want to argue about it, its gonna be done at my liesure.

when my shop was out of a carwash, there was a guy that tried to eye fcuk my work when his car got dirty again. knowing I refused to work on filth, and id run it through the wash again. (noticed that pattern coming real quick, like before I was done redoing the driver side 1/4 window that was aledgedly right in his line of site)

upon pick up (made him leave it all day)

"give me a call and let me have anymore "problems" and have the car clean or ill be forced to charge you for the wash"

you know that look when you had to take ol yeller out and put one in his head, all over his face, "you got me"

Guest Beeline
:rollin If they have money for tint, I don't see why they wouldn't get the window fixed first. I remember I pulled a car into the tint bay and about hit the wall....( NO FREAKIN BRAKES) what the hell is he doing here when should be getting brakes first...IDIOT

Guest nautiboi73

if a custoerm is straight up with me then I am more likely to help, replace for reduce the price. but if a customer comes to me with some BULL, I stick to my guns.

I just has a customer come in last week, check this. Driver window has small nicks in the film on the lower right side. Cusotmer said "that the bubbles that were there must have poped and caused the little nicks."

I tell him that from my experence over the years that is a a sure sign of the seatbelt flying when unbuckled and hitting the glass. He says that "no one drives the truck but him and he doesn't do that."

Well on the back of the recipt is the warranrty info and owner neglect is not covered, you will have to pay. It was not my fault or teh fault of the fim.

How I am a bad business and that is why he doesn't like to do business with Black folks (he is black also). :rollin

Guest tint rookie

it is one of those grey areas thats for sure.

depends on the mood.... they put you in.

usually if they ask for an explanation and are accepting to the answer given, they are more than likely to still refer as they are going to understand you really are going the extra mile for em.

your case nauti..... sounds like he already had his mind made up. there was nothing you coulda said or done differently to educate him differently... his further "referals" in no way woulda sounded possitive. "it turned out nice, but I had to take it back so the boy could fix the window with shotty film/install on it" (we all know the seatbelt knicks, it aint our fault.)

publicity is a double edged sword sometimes. people like you dealt with are gonna talk more if you dont take care of em. you dont think that the people forced to deal with em on a daily basis dont know the guys an ass. hopefully they are smart enough to consider the source and your name at least got out there.

:please If they have money for tint,  I don't see why they wouldn't get the window fixed first.  I remember I pulled a car into the tint bay and about hit the wall....( NO FREAKIN BRAKES) what the hell is he doing here when should be getting brakes first...IDIOT

[*]333713

tinted a car with no reverse once, had to push out the shop when done. When he had a window broken out, we pulled it up sideways across the bay door so he could just drive it off, " Thank you, drive around, please!!"

Archived