tricking the headlights

Guest Sprinter

Guest Sprinter

on the 96 to 99 chevy S-10 blazers how do you get the lights to turn off after turning the key to the on position,

and is it possible to drive the vehical with the daytime running lights in the off position.?

One trick that works is, with the key COMPLETELY turned to the off position, press the parking brake down and then turn the key on. Sometimes you can even already have the key turned on and it will work when you push the parking brake down.

As far as getting the daytime lights off while you are driving, I haven't a clue.

Guest tint rookie

this works on some of the full size....

theres a button right next to the head light controlls.... I think its labeled dome/interior light. (I dont look much anymore, just a blind reach)

push it on and off 3 times.

sometimes "off" means really on for "daylights"

and if you turn the nob to on with the E brake pushed in, may work, but its a chevy, you have to live with it and start the truck once in a while and ignore that DAMN "ding!.......ding!........ding! sound

Well from my experience with chevys, this involves trucks, suv and cars you can push the emergency brake pedal down then turn the key on and the lights wont come on :bingo with the key on.

You dont really even have to push the emergency brake pedal down all that much either for it to work. I had heard years ago on a chevy truck forum that you could actually press down on the emergency brake pedal slightly (just enough to not put the brake on) and you could bypass the auto headlight function when your driving around DURING THE DAYTIME.

Archived