How Long do you take?

Guest Unit 8

Tell me and Unit 8.......... you guys who do a current Impreza sedans in 1 hour. :lol6

Go through the whole procedure if you will from the moment the guy drives in.

As an example only!!!!!!!!!

First you sell the guy on what film he should be having.

That could take 5 -10 minutes on its own.

You get your film out of the storeroom, you get your templates (if you use them)

You strip the door trims possibly?

You no edge any part of the door glass...that includes side and top.

You heat shrink the rear, you install, you check for any specks or hairs, you chamois down the film inside and clean all the external glass for presentation.

You fill out the invoice, you fill out the factory warranty information, you take sales phone calls whilst all this is happening, you clean up after, you make sure no water fingers are going to pop up etc..

For me it's 3-3.5 good hours comfortably.

What are we doing that could be faster?

PS. I'm charging 2-3 times that of my competitors.

Cheers,

Devil and on behalf of Unit 8 I hope. :dunno

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
looks like williestint found a boyfriend.

[*]336430

Dont woory about it dude

TINT is one of those with the gay mexican phobia

He should have name himself Unit 1/2

[*]336461

Seeing as you are being so helpful bud, ,do you have any tips for the rear screen of a 1998 Audi A4?

Struggled with the tint on this one as I could'nt get the water out from the bottom and that was using a bigfoot squeegee. Also need advise on the removal of the 3rd brake light?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :lol

Regards,

Stevie

[*]336464

Dude, sorry I hace never done one or I would help

check the makes and models section and see if there is a thread on it

aint a audi delaer within 100 miles of me thank goodness :lol2

[*]336618

:spit:lol2

perhaps williestint should call himself unit -50 for his lack of experience of not even doing an audi

:lol  wait now u have done audi's? but before you didnt?

what is it man :lol2

in before the lock

[*]336635

again lets clear this up for our mildly retarded posters

I have done 100's of Audis in the early 90's

I have not done a 1998 A4

does this help

I dont know how to make this any clearer :lol2

[*]336647

clearer? yea youre clear, 100 cars its all you done your whole life :spit:lol

some cars take no time some take forever depending on how busy I get with phone calls and customers however two and a half to three hours is common.... I usually tell the cuatomer it takes four hours so they won't hang around....the 2nd car is usually faster...since everything is already out. ...like someone else said how ever long it takes is how long it takes...dont rush but don't k!ll yourself either....also seems like when we have a bunch of cars we get them done quicker than when we only have a couple cars...I dont know why guess I work at the pace I work depending on the amount of vehicles....

some cars take no time some take forever depending on how busy I get with phone calls and customers however two and a half  to three hours is common.... I usually tell the cuatomer it takes four hours so they won't hang around....the 2nd car is usually faster...since everything is already out. ...like someone else said how ever long it takes is how long it takes...dont rush but don't k!ll yourself either....also seems like when we have a bunch of cars we get them done quicker than when we only have a couple cars...I dont know why guess I work at the pace I work depending on the amount of vehicles....

[*]336857

:lol2 I took a Loooonnng time today wit hthe 95 Impala :thumbdown I would have lost it today if it was "summer pace " :bingo

Guest Sprinter
some cars take no time some take forever depending on how busy I get with phone calls and customers however two and a half? to three hours is common.... I usually tell the cuatomer it takes four hours so they won't hang around....the 2nd car is usually faster...since everything is already out. ...like someone else said how ever long it takes is how long it takes...dont rush but don't k!ll yourself either....also seems like when we have a bunch of cars we get them done quicker than when we only have a couple cars...I dont know why guess I work at the pace I work depending on the amount of vehicles....

[*]336857

:spit I took a Loooonnng time today wit hthe 95 Impala :lol6 I would have lost it today if it was "summer pace " :spit

[*]336870

that car is a rough one for sure done only two of them and what a rear window........................

Archived