How well can you salvage a crease???

Guest redgtxdi

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tint rookie
fixed one today was very small 3/4 inch it was from over shrinking or shrinking to fast..chizzled it away...

I think if you dont over work them you can fix minor ..........."minor" creases

[*]336008

true that. the key to not over working, if its already applied to the glass, stay away from the heat.

if you can clizzle 80% of it out without heat first and get the last 20% out with the gun, you'll be saving that adhsive from smudging, flawing the final product.

as for mobile1s "joke". dude you have to realize we actually see sheeit like that. not much different than a tinter too lazy to glue or vynil dot matrix, instead seeing just not tinting that area as acceptable.

Location of the crease is a big factor as well. If it's just barely into the glass on the edges and the rubber gasket is hiding it on the inside but yet is still visible from the outside, you can heat a pretty nasty one down without anyone ever knowing if you don't smear the p1ss out of the adhesive getting it down.

BUT, a crease, even a minor one, in the view of the mirrors or in the middle of the glass some where is usually grounds for round filing that piece of film. Most never completely disappear, maybe outside looking in, but inside looking out they are clear as day and need to be redone.

Guest redgtxdi
use your fingernail...

[*]336139

I've said before on this forum......(& about 20 years ago)........the fingernail is quite possibly the best hard card in the world!!!!

:fdup

Reason I originally asked is I'd heard of people using "push sticks" and "triangles" for fighting creases.......(try as everyone might, creases still happen, period). I decided to not give up on the back glass from my Prizm last weekend and gave it a good go at a couple of 'em. Ended up getting rid of a couple and truly minimizing a couple.

The two worst, I made a project out of. I cut one & left the other sealed to see how each would react. Interestingly enough, they reacted about the same. Piercing a bubble is much more effective than cutting a crease.......imo.....and I'd never tested it before so I was curious to see if anybody else had tricks and/or *how* exactly they work w/ a 'push stick' or something.

Thx for the feedback!

Archived