Any tips on this one?

Guest S and S

I trim the gasket on the inside because its rubber. just cut your pattern move it down some and shrink the top, move it up some and shrink the bottom, its not that hard to shrink, the defroster lines are laminated in the glass and are like 1/16th inch wide, so you cant 2 piece it without it looking like hell. the main peoblem I have with these is the bottom corners sucking water in untill you get it sopped up good.

Guest FastBackJack

S&S cut the bottom right on when you mold. Leave the sides and top long. Do what Mdog said, then take it inside and cut the sides and top. That way you wont get light gaps. :spit

Guest S and S

I used all the Tips you guys gave .. it turned out great.. the car was in Ruff Shape,, he had the Hole Deck out Back Seat out.. he said he was Restoring it.. he said there was only 2500 made of this Model.. Thanks for all the Help,, Hey Mdog..I DID my First Vette Today!!!!!!.. NOW THAT WAS A JOB.. I think there was about 20 Screws in each Door Pannel..

Guest S and S

85 I think!! And to beat all it was a Strip and Retint. White with red leather interior. AND it looked rough!!! She keeps it in the garage ALL the time. I know here personally, and it has the black s**t on it (dirt) from not being washed. Actually got to deliver it back to her. The first time I have ever been in a Vette and I got to drive it!! WOOHOO!!!

Archived