The worst PPF install I have seen.

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

wow that looks baaaad! I did my first ppf install about a month ago on a new lexus suv, I told the guy I had never done it before but he was a cool old due and wanted to give me the chance... after seeing those pix and on a porshe, I dont feel so bad about what I did to his lexus :trustme

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest nautiboi73
wow that looks baaaad! I did my first ppf install about a month ago on a new lexus suv, I told the guy I had never done it before but he was a cool old due and wanted to give me the chance... after seeing those pix and on a porshe, I dont feel so bad about what I did to his lexus :trustme

but your should :trustme

we all have to start somewhere

Guest BLACKOUT SoKal

we all have to start somewhere

I've worked with sign vinyl for over 8 years now so it didnt turn out to bad, I just had to add a few "relief cuts" that weren't apart of the kit, other than that it turned out pretty good, everything was just like applying vinyl graphix except the whole front bumper was one piece with a license plate cut out and some other wierd cutouts because its a lexus. it had to be strecthed just to get all the cutouts to line up. just a pain, I dont plan to do anyothers (it was a friend of the shop) I just like tinting windows myself

:nohit:

alltracpete said:
I was at my favorite Porsche dealer the other day to check in, and saw a NEW black 911 parked and stepped up to see if it has film on it (so I could sell it to him). But to my dissmay, it was already done! hmmm. This was a nice one with the carbon brakes, and 19" 3 piece wheels, so figure $100g's... then I almost choaked!! this had to be the worst install of PPF I have ever seen. Using a pre-cut, but looked like a 3-year old cut it out by hand BEFORE they put it on the car. WOW. All I had was my carema phone, so I hope you all can see it. This kills me, b/c thats what a lot of people associate with this product. But then it make me feel that much better about my skills!

Thats like tinting windows with the windows up..... :shoot1

Whoever did that job had no business doing it....not on that car.... :lol2

:lol2

just one more reason why hand cut is better then templates.

and if you say it was a hand cut then :evilgrin

as far as hand cuts is it possible to hand cut around the emblem on the hood and get a even cut ? I can understand cutting around the edge of the hood but oval cuts seem hard

Archived