what else are you guys doing?

I just moved into a bigger building and I was trying to think of something else I could do besides tinting? Im expierenced in car audio and alarms but a shop a little ways away has most of the good names in car audio locked down. I was also thinking accesories or cars and truck but I wasnt sure how well the mark up on that stuff was....if you guys have any ideas on something with not to much of a headache that is profitable please let me know

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters

We got into a post like this a little while back- maybe do a search, same post title. But I'll answer anyway..... go with accessories and rims- once you have the customer in the shop, you know that if he's getting it tinted, more often than not, he will be interested in buying some accessories. The average markup we put on stuff is around 15-20%, and we still come in cheaper than the competition. People also appreciate the one-stop shopping, while their cars are being tinted, they sit in a waiting room full of accessory catalogs.

Found the old post for you:

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=22119

Guest VOLTRON

yea I think audio and rims would be a very wise decision. Especially if you carry rims that are 20' and up. The people that buy and can afford the rims and tires usually are concerened with thier cars appearence and both tinting will get someone interested in rims and someone that stops buy for rims will be interested in tint. Or you can have a package deal for them to choose.

I know that your looking for another product and this isn't the answer that your looking for but this is what I did many yrs ago:

I decided instead of getting into something else (like graphics, rims , accessories) I would let it be known that all I did was tint ..and tint only ..a "jack of all traded and a master of none" approach. I went to business owners that WERE in these other trades and we exchange cards and referals ..it accomplished 3 things:

1. Brought in MANY more cars for me with these other businesses promoting me with thier customer traffic coming into thier stores using thier advertising $$ keeping me busy doing what I do best.

2. Nobody stepping on other's toes and super slashing prices in the area because we all do the same thing.

3. Customer wins because they get m doing the tint ..(great job because that's ALL I do and the other things they get done from my referals to the other businesses they get done professionally instead of me "learning on thier car"

I found with the increase of business doing it this way, I can budget so that I never even worry about the phone ringing in the winter ..if it does..it's a bonus.

Not THE way ..only A way :lol

Guest jparizek

detailing

vinyl

wheels/tires

truck and car accessories

but since the internet seems to be the way to go, im currently having a website made to access all my products and also set up appointments for tint jobs on the web page. good idea? I think so!

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters
yea I think audio and rims would be a very wise decision. Especially if you carry rims that are 20' and up. The people that buy and can afford the rims and tires usually are concerened with thier cars appearence and both tinting will get someone interested in rims and someone that stops buy for rims will be interested in tint. Or you can have a package deal for them to choose.

[*]344159

:lol

Archived