what else are you guys doing?

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters
I know that your looking for another product and this isn't the answer that your looking for but this is what I did many yrs ago:

I decided instead of getting into something else (like graphics, rims , accessories) I would let it be known that all I did was tint ..and tint only ..a "jack of all traded and a master of none" approach. I went to business owners that WERE in these other trades and we exchange cards and referals ..it accomplished 3 things:

1. Brought in MANY more cars for me with these other businesses promoting me with thier customer traffic coming into thier stores using thier advertising $$ keeping me busy doing what I do best.?

2. Nobody stepping on other's toes and super slashing prices in the area because we all do the same thing.

3. Customer wins because they get m doing the tint ..(great job because that's ALL I do and the other things they get done from my referals to the other businesses they get done professionally instead of me "learning on thier car"

I found with the increase of business doing it this way, I can budget so that I never even worry about the phone ringing in the winter ..if it does..it's a bonus.

Not THE way ..only A way? :lol

[*]344168

I agree with this in theory, but in my area, just about every shop that does anything for a car or truck is trying to tint. But the companies that specialize in something and do not tint, we do share business with. We don't step on their toes, and vice versa. But those companies that do offer window tinting, we try to offer the same things that they do, and allow the quality of OUR tinting and the price of the other services and products WE offer beat the other places.

It's a lil cutthroat 'round these here parts.... but you do what you gotta do.

the only thing Im not sure of are you a one man show or group of employees

[*]344172

I'm a 1 man show Willie..my answer would be different if I had employees. :lol

It's a lil cutthroat 'round these here parts.... but you do what you gotta do.

[*]344176

Yeah.I get that :lol ..as I say this isn't a 100% failsafe way to do it ..just an other option to think of for certain persons in certain situations of thier business and thier particular area :lol

yeah I used to do detailing but where I moved there is a detailer right next to me so I diddnt want competion so I just stopped doing it....and I was not to busy with detailing anyway....I made friends with the guys at the local sign and vinyl shop so I dont know if I would want competion with them. but I was think just some accesories for cars and trucks toolboxes, step bars, and so forth.

Archived