snap off your blades

As we all know we have to snap off our blades to prevent from scratching the glass.

But there is a far more important reason to do so. When your blade gets dull you have to grip it tighter to get a cut. It may not be much tighter of a grip but a firmer grip none the less. by doing this your causing arthritis to set in sooner. You may not notice it at the time but you will in the long run, and a that point it will be to late.

Any of you who have been tinting for over 7 yrs probably have arthritis and or carpal tunnel already. So you know what I am talking about I am sure you can probably feel it in your hands when a blade is dull I know I can .

Moral of the story dont be cheap snap off those tips, and save your hands. Or at least get a few more good years out of them

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I am glad someone else has brought this up. in the last few years I have noticed the stregnth in my hands have lessend. the pain at times is aweful and not to mention the shoulders. Anyone else have this?

I have the hands and wrist's.

ever try to do something you once could as simple as wring out a towel. Only to have a horrible pain shoot through your hands.

I have only been doing it for ten years . I can only imagine what you guys who have been doing for 15 or 20 go through.

Naproxen seems to help a little thoughAnd if you have a steamer. On the cold days when your hands start to hurt. Turn that thing on and let the steam help you out. You would be suprised at how well a little steam works

Guest God_Of_All_Tinters
I have the hands and wrist's.

[*]344349

Stop downloading all that pr0no to that laptop when you should be tinting. That's why I always knock before I come in the shop.

I've been using an olfa knife since I was about 13 and cleaning windows since I was 10(prepping for tint)

In the wintertime I keep my shop real dry and warm ..any dampness and my fingers ache...I always chalked it up to the way I hold squeegees , never thought about the knife :nope

Not to mention arthritis runs in the family :nope

Archived