goin way to far for a ticket

Guest tint rookie

Guest tint rookie

seems like a fox hunt tactic.

not legal (at least in cali)

borderline entrapment.

cops have to be in fully marked cars (headlights on at night). to bust ya. even in a speed trap.

local PD in roseville, had a lot of tickets thrown out, a while back.

they changed the speed limit of a local throughfare, the same day the signs were changed, I swear to god they literally had cops hiding in the bushes, radioing cops around the corner.

tickets as minimal as 2 and 3 miles over the new posted limit. (FYI the old limit was about 20 years standing)

they gotta pay for the stop light cameras somehow.

what they dont realize. most of them tickets got thrown out.

on the same token, stupid stuff like light tint on fronts, no front license plate, etc. etc.

the tickets dont generate the revenue. if a ticket is thrown out or just a fix it ticket, theres the cops salary (the arse that wrote you the ticket), the processing (outsourced in my locale), the balliffs salary (to sign it off, who dosent wait till the last day to fix it) the judges salary, the clerks salary (when you pay the fine). and depending on the city, if you have to pay to park at the courthouse (its a buck for the 45 minute stay in sac courthouse)

all in all youre looking at 17 bucks total (including parking) to the city, county, state, whatever the agency makes. and all the above costs are supposed to be paid?

no wonder we are in debt.

sounds familiar...

redoing I-90 here for the last year. they had cops dressed as construction crew members with survey tripods out. only on top of the tripods were radar guns. radar cars then radio up the interstate to troopers on the side of the road ready to nail 'em.

Not intending to argue with you rook. Just posting this becuae alot of people. Have a huge misconception of entrapment. Doing what htey are doing is in no way entrapment pathetic yes but entrapment no.

In order for it to be entrapment the cop would have to tell you first Dont wear your seatbelt.

Ill give you some examples of entrapment

Cop says to me hey can you get me some w##d I say sure . then he locks me up thats entrapment.

Now if he comes up to me and just hints around to what he wants. with out actualy saying it. Then I say do you want some weed, and I get it for him. That is not entrapment and I will be arrested.

Another example is lets say it is a vice sting. If the cop ask's me do I want a bl## job that is entrapment.

Now if I ask her how much for a bl## job it is not entrapment

Basicly in order for it to be entrapment the cop has to lead you into the crime.

Guest tint rookie
Not intending to argue with you rook. Just posting this becuae alot of people. Have a huge misconception of entrapment. Doing what htey are doing is in no way entrapment pathetic yes but entrapment no.

In order for it to be entrapment the cop would have to tell you first

[*]346132

yeah its a turns into a twisted he said she said kinda game.

regardless, its B.S.

had a buddy actually get arrested by a sting. he was in a seedy part of town waiting for a freind to come out of the store. this "hooker" harrased him for a half hour after him telling her to beat it. after a 1/2 hour of her coercing the situation after being repeatedly being told to leave, he decides to talk some sh!t and try to offend her into going away.

long story short, it was a sting, and he offended himself into handcuffs, his name in the paper as being busted in a john sting. lost his job, thrown out of his house, etc. etc.

its funny how etrapment and beign given a fighting chance are confused, and can cause such a debawckle.

It's all a money game, and they'll do whatever it takes, legal or not it will get twisted enough come your court date you will look like a piece of crap and the judge will undoubtedly rule against you.

Then the 3 time felon coming in behind you will get slapped on the wrist and let off with a small fine for something that was a higher crime that you "supposedly" committed.

Guest tint rookie

aint that the truth.

I got busted for speeding right out of highschool. 68 satelite conv. , I got more than a few in that beast.

same cop busted me 3 times, same spot. yeah I "was" stupid.

I took the first two like a man. I did it, paid the fine, was done with it.

the third, traffic school was out of the option, and the "opponent" aka. the guy swirving that I was "passing" got away.

the cop was actually cool. we always bench raced when he pulled me over. talking cars and what not.

I told em," I gotta fight this one, ive got no choice.."

"ill see ya in court"

of course he was there.

I plead my case, guy swirving on a narrow bridge I more or less got out of his way. the cop said straight up,"from my vantage point I cannot testify against him. I can testify though that there was another vehicle present was not pulled over that should have but got away. the defendant (me) was just more cooperative"

I was stoked right up till the judge, found me guilty anyway.

in sac county you cant fight a ticket till its paid off in full. then they refund your cash IF you win. you only have 90 days to appeal.

well 18rs old and a student not living at home, 2 grand, aint getting paid off in 90 days.

In the case rook mentioned about the john sting. If done properly they should have had it all recorded . Witch the judge would have no choice but to throw out the case.

Still doesnt get the mans job back though. It is very sad how just to make an arrest That a cop would ruin a mans life. Simply to promote one's own career.

If I where the judge on that case. I would have not only let the guy go with an apologie from the court. I would have the police dept submit a formal apologie. In the same paper that they printed his pic in. I would also try to do something about the cop who forced him into what he said

It's all a money game, and they'll do whatever it takes, legal or not it will get twisted enough come your court date you will look like a piece of crap and the judge will undoubtedly rule against you.

Then the 3 time felon coming in behind you will get slapped on the wrist and let off with a small fine for something that was a higher crime that you "supposedly" committed.

[*]346188

I live in philly a big city , yet I work in penndel. A small burough where the cops are only part timer's. I just got a ticket for parking in a handicapped space. In my defense I was unaware it was a handicapped spot. I was parked next to the handi space on the hash marks. As far as I knew it was a loading zone for the store. Because every handicapped spot I have ever seen Was always painted blue. This area was painted yellow not blue.

I only went into the store for a pretzel and soda. Spent 1/12 mins in the store before coming out. The cop didnt even have his ticket book out yet. But he still gave me the ticket anyway.The sign on the handi spot says $100 fine . Go to court to fight it( turns out the cop had no jusrisdiction to write the ticket. They give me a court date, and a fine of $290. How is this possible got me but its a kangaroo court. I will find out on the 14th if I get stuck with it or not

Archived