Stupid question from a window tinter...

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

yeah if it insulated really well then we would all want to market that as a selling point, but even though it does help some, I don't feel like arguing with customers that feel like it doesn't.

Just keep in mind any tech numbers, and other mumbo jumbo come from the same people that tell you the shiot will last a lifetime.  :nope

[*]349639

Yes... :nope

Never sell a reflective film on the qualities of keeping heat in during winter.

For what you lose in not heating up your home because film is reflecting it away during the day is not gained by the offset of retaining heat during the cold of night.

Devil

Yes I tint windows, mostly auto so give me a break.....

does or is there any film that actually insulate.  In other words help keep the heat in during the winter :thumb

:thumb Don't laugh!

[*]349544

The only stupid question is the one that doesn't get asked.

winter u value tint :thumb

[*]351668

Winter U-value or the U-value of a film determines its insulating capabilities... the lower the U-value, the greater the insulator.

LowE films retain up to 35% interior building heat (far infrared) and a standard solar control film retains approximately 10%.

Guest sunbuster
Yes I tint windows, mostly auto so give me a break.....

does or is there any film that actually insulate.  In other words help keep the heat in during the winter :beer

:beer Don't laugh!

[*]349544

Most Bronze films help retain about 15 % of the heat, but VISTA makes a line of Low E films designed for the northern regions. They are highly reflective inside, but provide excellent heat rejection and retention while still allowing alot of visible light transmission. good luck

Archived