What razor blade & Squeegee to use for cleaning?

Guest chip01

Cleaning glass which squeegee is the best, with little effort. Is one on a handle a good idea same with the razor blade.

Seen the 6" black smoothie on a handle on is this better than a small 4" one u use by hand / same with the razor

Also, is there any point in razor blading the glass and scubbing it with the white scrub pad, can you just do one or is there more chance of contam. Just seen a lot of people doing one or the other that is all and trying to increse my time on cars!

If the car is older, I scrape/scrub/squeegee.

If the car is new, I scrub/squegee. (accept when removing skickers)

I always use the 6" b/w squeegee(angled)

and I switched from the white scrubbies to the 3M blue non scratch scrubbies..they are MUCH better :lol:hmmm

thanks tint wiz, just looking for the quickest way to bring me install time down. Is there any advantage to using blades over pads

[*]352065

Yes..but you just want to be careful..many vehicles are putting a softer glass in cars now then they did in the 80's...you just want to keep an eye out if your using blades..or should I say..keep an "ear" out ( you can hear it if your scratching the glass).

As I say ..on newer cars wit ha 3M pad..it'll lift off just about anything...just do a visual check..anything it didn't lift off..use the blade in that area..nothing worse than blading down a new car that didn't need that kind of aggressive cleaning to begin with scratching a new window :hmmm

Kinda like TW said... I only scrub with a pad if the car is older, except I blade after scrubbing. The only reason I scrub is to clean up the gaskets and edges more than the glass. It removes a lot of the loose contam hanging in the felt and such, 'cause I don't waste my time taping up felt.

Archived