1 pc or 2

Guest sportsman

Guest sportsman

I tried to 1 pc a back glass on a honda civic, cussed it everything I could think of, ended up doing it in strips a lot easier. OK I am new what is the best way to squeegee NORTH TO SOUTH OR EAST TO WEST

THANKS

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key to any curved back glass is to have it shrunk properly-there are too many variables to know what you are doing wrong.Simply telling you which direction to squeegee probably not gonna help!Once shrunk-it seems that I do almost all back glass the same-which is the same direction that it is shrunk! :thumb

Guest tintgod
I tried to 1 pc a back glass on a honda civic, cussed it everything I could think of, ended up doing it in strips a lot easier. OK I am new what is the best way to squeegee NORTH TO SOUTH OR EAST TO WEST

THANKS

[*]353453

YES...that about sums it up ..doesnt it.. :thumb

The key to any curved back glass is to have it shrunk properly-there are too many variables to know what you are doing wrong.Simply telling you which direction to squeegee probably not gonna help!Once shrunk-it seems that I do almost all back glass the same-which is the same direction that it is shrunk! :uh

[*]353458

once shrunk I will stick it east and west....then north to south...just like I shrunk it...then I will do a east to west from top to bottom and then do edges with a paper towel.....

one key is to decide where the best place to divide the tint when shrinking 1/2 way on the glass 1/3 ....(meaning east to west)..sometimes I find it better to not divide it in the middle...like mazda 6...I shrink more material at the bottom as the top has more compond curve

the other thing is practice....waste some film.....and figure it out

I three pieced an 04 Grand Prix and won a tint off, you never know.

[*]353702

Glad you found that out.

Tinting is like a lightbulb....someone flicked the switch up top and all of a sudden life got a lot easier.

Why do this when the message is saying it hurts?

Devil

:dunno Done right... you never know it was seemed...

One-piecing today amounts to ppl pleasing (or following the herd). :lol6

Customer is in no position to determine what is professional and in the best interest of film (longevity) until they've worn the shoes.

One-piecing today amounts to ppl pleasing (or following the herd). :lol6

Customer is in no position to determine what is professional and in the best interest of film (longevity) until they've worn the shoes.

[*]353852

That is the most plesent way to tell a customer off and still possibily keep them a s a customer. :dunno

Archived