need help removing panels

pierce8468

what year?  most A6s have a screw on the door jam sides right at the top.  remove those then don't pop the panel straight off....but slide it upwards and it'll come right off.

[*]355410

yeah your right... screw on the top on the edge..front and rear.

they are all the same my bad.

This is an 05 I found 3 screws so far.

One on the bottom of the door handle, 2 under the wood trim.

I did find one little wierd thing on the side of the panel that had a pic of a lock on it. I popped out the plastic cover and it is just another plastic piece. That a flat head fits in and turns but does not release the panel.

I tried sliding it up as well still no luck.

Lucky for me this guy had a patient he needed to go see, and was understanding that I didnt want to brake his panel

Guest naughtydog

I'm pretty sure you have to remove the screws as you have done, pull top of the panel back and lift it 20cm up.

I can PM you the A4 removal - this is the same from memory

Naughty

Well had to do the front two today and still didnt know exactly how to remove the panel. So I just left it on and tinted the thing.

I did however find that if you just cut the film to fit exactly. You do not need to remove the panel at all.

By cut it to fit exactly I mean no sliding or anything. Just line up the bottom with the factory edge. Cut the back side leave it where it sits . cut the front side then roll it down and cut the top edge. This will slide right in for you with no headache

Well had to do the front two today and still didnt know exactly how to remove the panel. So I just left it on and tinted the thing.

I did however find that if you just cut the film to fit exactly. You do not need to remove the panel at all.

By cut it to fit exactly I mean no sliding or anything. Just line up the bottom with the factory edge. Cut the back side leave it where it sits . cut the front side then roll it down and cut the top edge. This will slide right in for you with no headache

[*]358204

:wall Pretty sure that's what I've been doing since day one, only I slightly oversize the edges, and I don't use the factory edge for the bottom, I just cut it a new edge as I don't always trust the factory edge to have a perfect clean edge (plus cars like the G6that have a curved bottom edge and using a straight edge probably wouldn't work well as you would be trying to slam too much film under the seal on the front and back bottom edges), and I double cut the film with two pieces so I get 2 rollups finished all at once. Never pulled a panel in my life, but that's just one way of doing it.

This is actually a very common way of cutting out rollups, but that's funny you figured it out on your own without knowing!!!

[*]358204

:spit Pretty sure that's what I've been doing since day one, only I slightly oversize the edges, and I don't use the factory edge for the bottom, I just cut it a new edge as I don't always trust the factory edge to have a perfect clean edge (plus cars like the G6that have a curved bottom edge and using a straight edge probably wouldn't work well as you would be trying to slam too much film under the seal on the front and back bottom edges), and I double cut the film with two pieces so I get 2 rollups finished all at once. Never pulled a panel in my life, but that's just one way of doing it.

This is actually a very common way of cutting out rollups, but that's funny you figured it out on your own without knowing!!!

[*]358222

:thumb

Archived