Just did a strip and tint on a car with

Some films are not designed to install easily on automotive glass? CPFilms AVS-60 isn?t an easy install and neither are 3 other brand names I know of, but put a CDF adhesive on it and it installs nicely to flat glass.

If anyone in business, including a marketing group wanting into a perceived lucrative market, can convince the masses they have something bigger and better and set themselves apart from the pack by using all sales tools at their disposal, they can easily command any price they wish? even if in truth it?s just another duck with a different waddle to its walk.

It?s a fact of the industry that in order to make it, you must have something to offer, you must get all you can for it in price, because the first couple of years is about sales growth. The years following are about maintaining and financing an acceptable growth all the while being prepared for the unknown number of warranty claims that will soon tax the resources of any new and growing concern? if it?s just an investment to some, you will see them wish to sell their interest before the taxes come.

[*]358134

It's funny that you say this. Not too many days after I started this mess on here, I was still trying to figure out why such an expensive job was peeling off the matrix. The I started thinking that the only other times I've really seen it this same way was on cars that had some silver 10-20% residential films applied for that mirrored look. I started wondering if they were crossing the lines between their automotive and flat glass films. I know SolarGard has a listing on their warranty card for their stainless steel, but the stainless steel is listed at an architectural film.

BTW, lovely post, lot's to think about.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
As for the material, there are a lot of films on the market that look similar but we know better than to fall for the "if it looks like a duck..." in the window film business. Some films have better adheasive, some put the UV layer in the adheasive, some do not, some use polyester with less fillers, some do not, some films are spectrally select, some are not, some are inherently color stable, others just say they are color stable and give you a piece of paper that says "Limited Lifetime warranty", some films reject more far infared radiation, others do not, AND ALL OF THIS WHILE LOOKING JUST LIKE THE OTHER BRAND OF FILM.

Almost missed this one? again and again I?ll post this when one uses the term? there is no existing number known as ?infrared rejection?? one cannot simply report one wavelength in the near-infrared portion of the solar spectrum and use it as a means of showing performance in a non existent number being called infrared rejection.

Far infrared is found in the 2500nm to 60,000nm range? LowE films are effective against far infrared?

Near infrared is that which comes from the sun and many films are effective against near infrared? the most effective, in fact and to date, can be found in any of the silver 20?s that many mfg?s produce.

[*]358134

I dont believe I see the term "infared rejection" being used as an existing number in my post. Some films reject more far infared radiation, others do not... is supported by your comment that Low E films are effective against far infared. Please stay in context. :wall

I would suggest you go to Huper Optik's Website, contact a sales rep and have him come out and show you. Perhaps you may want to sell it, and perhaps you may not after speaking with a company representative, you will not figure that out here?

If you don?t believe what is being placed on one persons website, how is it another can be believed? Marketing isn?t the greatest source for reliable ?facts? concerning a product that may very well be lining the salespersons pocket through commission.

[*]358134

You are taking this out of context. Read the whole conversation before you reply. ///man was frustrated because he could not get in contact with Huper Optik. I suggested that he contact them through their website so that he could meet with a representative and gets his questions answered. I did not tell him to put creedence in what was posted on the website here or there.

Archived