Just did a strip and tint on a car with

some of us can't charge as much as we'd like to because there is so many h@ck shops around trying to cut us at the knees.  But no doubt about it I make plenty of money running my business(so far in 3 years each years profits have exceeded my expectations for the year).  Still I don't plan on tinting tell I'm old,  I got investments and plan on starting other businesses in the next few years to be able to retire very comfortably.  I'm only 27 but don't want to be working physically past 35.  Only behind a desk or running my businesses with managers and employees doing most of the hard work.

[*]357289

dude, I thought you were like 50 or something :bingo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

no just lived alot, but don't get it confused I still struggle from time to time cause I am a fairly new business. Last month I was dipping into other investments and right after xmas I've been swamped. Plus I got 4 good commercial jobs for january, so that $ is going back to the bank.

no just lived alot, but don't get it confused I still struggle from time to time cause I am a fairly new business.  Last month I was dipping into other investments and right after xmas I've been swamped. Plus I got 4 good commercial jobs for january, so that $ is going back to the bank.

[*]357295

good.

living alot? I know what you mean....im 25 and been in it since 14 or younger I cant remember no more, im past the burnt out part :bingo

Guest tintgod
I'm 25 and been in it since 14 or younger I cant remember no more,

[*]357297

OK TINT...you keep believing that ....and maybe one day it will come true.

and monkeys might fly out of my azz :bingo

some of us can't charge as much as we'd like to because there is so many h@ck shops around trying to cut us at the knees.  But no doubt about it I make plenty of money running my business(so far in 3 years each years profits have exceeded my expectations for the year).  Still I don't plan on tinting tell I'm old,  I got investments and plan on starting other businesses in the next few years to be able to retire very comfortably.  I'm only 27 but don't want to be working physically past 35.  Only behind a desk or running my businesses with managers and employees doing most of the hard work.

[*]357289

So...keep the prices low, make a few bucks, then get out? That's the kind of mentality that drives some us up a wall. :bingo Your master plan might not work, then where would you be? And if you're good, you can charge more than the rest, which is what the original post was really all about. Why some want to follow the pack of cheap installs, with cheap film, and crappy work because that's what the butcher down the street is doing is beyond me, and doesn't do any good for anyone in this biz.

I'm a slight bit offended by some of the remarks, but I do understand how tinters can be since I've worked around them for 8 years. I will let you in on a little secret though.

See this:

Picture029.jpg

Yeah, that is our new shop, there are 4 more of them too. With $200k a month in sales, I don't have to be the over priced little guy doing a tint a day. I have to run those guys out of business. It's a tough world, but we work hard to stay on top. I have an extremely successful sales history. When a customer asks me how much, I don't say "I dunno, how much you got?" My philosophy on sales isn't sucking the customer for all they are worth, because what happens if they decide to look around the next time and they do find just as good of a product for a better price, they will think you ripped them off and you lost that person probably forever. I sell on what I do better, and why I can do it for less (size), and make customers who bring me all their cars, their neighbor's cars, their children's cars and their sister's car. Why? Because I gave them an honest price, honest work, and a hell of a lot of good customer service. I will admit, I don't necessarily make money on every job I do, once you factor in the labor, materials, etc. But do you nkow how many accounts I've picked up just by being honest and helping people out? Next summer I plan to break the $100k/mo sales mark for my new location, I can tell you it's not because I'm sucking people dry.

Think I'm lying, this is a small sampling of people I've helped out, not sold to, but helped.

http://racingsouthwest.com/forums/showforum63.htm

I think salesman sometimes need to look at their customers as people sometimes, and not just big open wallets burning credit cards. The payoff in the long run is amazing.

some of us can't charge as much as we'd like to because there is so many h@ck shops around trying to cut us at the knees.? But no doubt about it I make plenty of money running my business(so far in 3 years each years profits have exceeded my expectations for the year).? Still I don't plan on tinting tell I'm old,? I got investments and plan on starting other businesses in the next few years to be able to retire very comfortably.? I'm only 27 but don't want to be working physically past 35.? Only behind a desk or running my businesses with managers and employees doing most of the hard work.

[*]357289

So...keep the prices low, make a few bucks, then get out? That's the kind of mentality that drives some us up a wall. :bingo Your master plan might not work, then where would you be? And if you're good, you can charge more than the rest, which is what the original post was really all about. Why some want to follow the pack of cheap installs, with cheap film, and crappy work because that's what the butcher down the street is doing is beyond me, and doesn't do any good for anyone in this biz.

[*]357365

And no, the original post was about why do Huper Optik installs cost so much more if the stuff is peeling off the matrix and doesn't look any different than the SolarGard film I currently use?

I will admit, I don't necessarily make money on every job I do, once you factor in the labor, materials, etc. But do you nkow how many accounts I've picked up just by being honest and helping people out?

Helping people out? That's fine if you're a charity. If you're making money however you do it, that's great. But to give away jobs just to get them in the door seems insane to me. :passout And what's so noble about degrading a markets price? :hmmm What are you going to do when the next guy thinks it's OK to LOSE money, by "helping people out" just to pull market share from you? I just see it as a bad downward spiral that keeps getting worse. :dunno

Archived