Just did a strip and tint on a car with

So what;s the big deal? I was thinking about trying and becoming a dealer, but from what I saw, I wasn't impressed. It was peeling back from the matrix on the vents and back glass, the color was ok, all in all, it was OK. I used some 38 HP True Grey to match the door I was re-tinting and it was almost perfect, so where's the extra $$$ going? There was a sticker on the back glass for a shop in AZ and they said they get like $xxxdepending on the film, that is crazy money for a tint job.

BTW, of the films we've used, the adhesive on the SolarGard seems to be the best, it sticks to anything and fast.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not saying it's too much, I'm asking is it worth it? I was looking at being a potential dealer, and I would love to know why this film is 3-4 times what I charge for what I think it already a very good film? Is it just hype? I would never pass a hyped up product on to my customers if it's just a turd hidden behind some pretty pictures. I know I'm not a salesman because I won't fvck over anything with a wallet like appearantly some people are, but tell me, what's the deal with this film?

Although it does go to answer the question as to why I never worry about not having any work, I have to worry about not having enough time and resources to get all of the work I have getting done.

Maybe if you charged more, you wouldn't have to run around like a chicken with your head cut off. :shock I'm guessing alot of the tinters out there make LESS than what I would consider a livable wage. Very few look to the future, and will be broke later in life. Never knock a successfull tint shop that commands a higher price AND GETS IT! For those that feel sorry for the customer, ask the customer for help when you're thinking of retirement, and see how THAT goes. :bingo

Guest vclimber
Not saying it's too much, I'm asking is it worth it?  I was looking at being a potential dealer, and I would love to know why this film is 3-4 times what I charge for what I think it already a very good film?  Is it just hype?  I would never pass a hyped up product on to my customers if it's just a turd hidden behind some pretty pictures.  I know I'm not a salesman because I won't fvck over anything with a wallet like appearantly some people are, but tell me, what's the deal with this film?

Although it does go to answer the question as to why I never worry about not having any work, I have to worry about not having enough time and resources to get all of the work I have getting done.

[*]357245

Short answer because now I believe your are accusing some of us of ripping off our customers. Not cool man. :bingo

The film works.

Guest TintsOvOz
Maybe if you charged more, you wouldn't have to run around like a chicken with your head cut off.  :bingo  I'm guessing alot of the tinters out there make LESS than what I would consider a livable wage.  Very few look to the future, and will be broke later in life. Never knock a successfull tint shop that commands a higher price AND GETS IT!  For those that feel sorry for the customer, ask the customer for help when you're thinking of retirement, and see how THAT goes.  :shock

[*]357265

:lol Hear,Hear!!

dont know how much you appreciate your own art work(fittment) but I

sure as hell think Im worth more than the next, put a price on that?????

Im sure painters ov the 15,16,17th century would of loved getting millions????

Oz.............. :lol

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

some of us can't charge as much as we'd like to because there is so many h@ck shops around trying to cut us at the knees. But no doubt about it I make plenty of money running my business(so far in 3 years each years profits have exceeded my expectations for the year). Still I don't plan on tinting tell I'm old, I got investments and plan on starting other businesses in the next few years to be able to retire very comfortably. I'm only 27 but don't want to be working physically past 35. Only behind a desk or running my businesses with managers and employees doing most of the hard work.

Archived