THERMAL FRACTURES

Guest TintsOvOz

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest striper

a few years ago I tinted a complete hospital with dl30 green. me and the lumar rep tried our best to go another route because it was way out of spec with the type of glass, but they just had to have green. I told them straight up that they would have glass brakage problems but they said if it breaks they would just replace that glass and pay me to retint. I had a lawer freind write up a waiver for them to sign stating that I wasnt liable what soever for glass breakage.

Long story short, to this day the glass co. that does their glass work calls me at least once a month to let me know they are replacing a pane or 2 and it needs tinted (great job security!) and the hospital people are very happy also!

out of 879 panes of glass originaly tinted I have retinted over 100 to date due to thermal cracks.

Guest TintsOvOz
a few years ago I tinted a complete hospital with dl30 green. me and the lumar rep tried our best to go another route because it was way out of spec with the type of glass, but they just had to have green. I told them straight up that they would have glass brakage problems but they said if it breaks they would just replace that glass and pay me to retint.  I had a lawer freind write up a waiver for them to sign stating that I wasnt liable what soever for glass breakage.

Long story short, to this day the glass co. that does their glass work calls me at least once a month to let me know they are replacing a pane or 2 and it needs tinted (great job security!) and the hospital people are very happy also!

out of 879 panes of glass originaly tinted I have retinted over 100 to date due to thermal cracks.

[*]357728

:finger: .. :DD NICE!!

Ive certainly had my share of easy going c##tstomers, as we do a lot of re-work for glazing companys as well, and they dont seem to give a S##T (I think the hacks keepm in bis, not talking about TDs that explain thermals and still have to fit what the c##tstomer wants) but I seem to see the worst in all untill proven different especially when it comes to corp companys, Im not haven a good feeling about this one and as I tint commercial by myself I just wanted some opinions and thoughts which I have recieved and are greatly appreciative of (spell check??) but I think Ill pass this job to a h@ck that doesnt give a S##T and probably wont be a round for the apocolypse :DD (S##TAHITDAFAN)

:finger: Spoke to the company today still not interested in verbal or written so im sure it will get ugly if and when they break, faces afternoon sun @ aprox, I think in US temp is low 100s, sounds like the fire place thread!! :lol2

Oz......... :dunno

:DD:DD

I wouldn't touch it with yours Oz :dunno You know what I mean.

This guy is only the monkey and quess who's grinding his organ? Not him for bloody sure but his boss when you see the first crack he'll want your guts for garters.

For $20 bucks too it will cost you a "s" load. The guy is a nothing but a Henry the Third and I can feel a hard hit coming on when it hits the fan.

Better off letting it go through to the keeper mate. :finger: There's a Lee bouncer coming his way so let the other guy cop it.

Cheers mate. :finger:

Devil

Guest TintsOvOz
I wouldn't touch it with yours Oz :DD You know what I mean.

This guy is only the monkey and quess who's grinding his organ? Not him for bloody sure but his boss when you see the first crack he'll want your guts for garters.

For $20 bucks too it will cost you a "s" load. The guy is a nothing but a Henry the Third and I can feel a hard hit coming on when it hits the fan.

Better off letting it go through to the keeper mate. :DD There's a Lee bouncer coming his way so let the other guy cop it.

Cheers mate. :DD

Devil

[*]357744

:DD On ya mate, no exactly were ya coming from, cheers for the support on tosin this one like a thong on bbq weekend when ya board with ya budds, got better things to do than get slung with a bit of cr#p of the front wheel of the pushy :lol2

Its gone to the keeper cause im not facin Lee, f##k that... :finger: wont work :dunno

Oz................ :finger:

If it were me (and I've been in similar situations) I'd explain verbally and in writing why there's potential for breakage - particularly with a dark film.

But if they absolutely insisted upon it I'd be willing to do the job (if someone gets the work it might as well be me) as long as they - in writing - agree that understand there is the potential for breakage, and that there is no warranty coverage if there is.

Guest TintsOvOz
:lol2 OK I worked my way through most of that but Who the hell is Lee ? haven't heard that one before

[*]357753

:lol2:coffee That game of stick(bat and ball)that can last up to 4 days in the hot bl@@dy sun, Lee is one of the fastest bowlers, throwing them down @ about 100 mile an hr(150k,s) :spit

Oz............ :blah

Archived