frame less roll ups

maybe some of you allready do this, but I just started when I lost my olfa.

Some of you may cut the film on the outside to fit the glass exactly. Then slide the film to get a micro edge.

I find it looks better with no gap at all on a frameless. So I leave the flim a little long on the top edge then trim when it is installed.

As we all know you can easily scratch the film or mess up the cut if the angle of your blade is wrong.

simple fix to both these problems use a plastic knife. You can get the film right to the edge, and dont have to worry about scratching the film. Just cut it like you dont even care becuaes you dont have to care. just rest the knife on the window to control your angle, and it will not scratch the film at all

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
My only worry would be sucking up dirt on the top from hanging over bare, or is it not an issue, or just an issue in the sand pit of a state I live in.

[*]358208

if you scub and rinse the top edge before hand...it shouldnt be a problem...nice tip :wall

Willie I am using a nt cartrige knife but any plastic knife will do!

Cadi I would have to say it is probably around a 45 degree angle, But just let the edge be your angle guide. Just rest the knife on the glass and cut simple as that.

Guest willie
Willie I am using a nt cartrige knife but any plastic knife will do!

Cadi I would have to say it is probably around a 45 degree angle, But just let the edge be your angle guide. Just rest the knife on the glass and cut simple as that.

[*]358676

thanks

Archived