Why Subscribe to tintdude

Guest ShadyKat

I know Dan, it's just difficult for someone new to the site to realize what this place is. It seems like only the members who have been here from the beginning understand what we have been through, the trails we have blazed and the impact on the industry we have made.

This has truly been an amazing journey and we have all benefited in some way, and influenced the industry more than any other force or person has.

Guest ShadyKat

Thank you, for the straight- forward reply. I am honesty surprised that there is not some sort of minimal subscription fee anyway. There is so much information on this site I cannot imagine anyone really BI itching about some small form of gratuity. A week ago when you ask the improve the site question I could not post for some reason but my suggestion was to make it an all subscription site except for the customer question forum. Also an expert users database on vehicles that the subscribers updated would be sweet and would entice more users to subscribe. ?The basic db would not be hard to define and with everyone?s participation you would soon be in possession of an expert db on film installation that would be unique in all the world.

With that said I am planning on subscribing, I will need to wait until next quarter because of startup expenses but I will subscribe.

:dunno:lol:lol

The makes and models section is well on the way to becoming a very useful db, the more users contribute to it, the better it will become.

As far as making the whole site subscription only, well, we would never get any new members, we would lose all search engine referrals, and the tinters registry (where members get free advertising for the asking) would never be seen. :dunno

Guest Olfablade

Like I said, It is what it is. The most benefical site in the world for tinters, not to mention consumers. It will cause the indusrty to adapt to US!

This site is the tail wagging the dog!

Unless you chicken lurking manufacturers don't get involved, you have shot yourself in the foot! :dunno

Guest ShadyKat
I feel like I am getting a little attitude so maybe my question was not posted as clearly as I had hoped. I was in no way taking a shot at the site; I have learned a lot and really enjoy the comradely of most of the people that post. I just wanted a basic list like

5 ect, ect

These are the benefits of being subscriber ? I mean most places that have a subscription fee generally list reasons that would entice someone. Did not mean to get any ones knickers in a twist.

:dunno

[*]358476

No big deal :lol

The main purpose of a subscription is to support the site. It taks an enormous amount if bandwidth (I think that is what it is called :lol) to run a forum as big as this one!

Thanks for asking...atleast you care :lol

[*]358478

Thanks TTC :lol

Guest VOLTRON

good to hear man, I also am going to be subscribing soon, for this site has not only enhanced my knowledge of the industry but has also gotten me contacts and work that I would not have otherwise.

Cheers TD :dunno apreciate all the effort you put forth for others and the industry, very unselfish of you. :lol

Guest ShadyKat
You gain access to the private Subscribers Forum, Dear TTC, the Members Only Trading Forum, larger pic upload capability and access to the PM system if you do not already have it.

It's not a big deal either way, mostly it's the long time members who have learned things here that have made them more money by decreasing install times or new techniques or have landed jobs and contacts from the site, and chose to give back a bit so that the burden is not all on me.

It's really no big deal at all, and quite a few have unsubscribed, and I don't resent that at all.

The subscriber forum area isn't very busy and there are no big secrets in there. It's just a non public version of the general forum sort of.

Please don't feel obligated to subscribe, I'd h@te for anyone, especially a new member to be disappointed about it.

[*]358480

PLease don't feel obligated to subscribe! TD, with the information, and help supplied by everyone on this site, how could anyone dedicated to improving their skills not feel obligated. Maybe becuase I have a computer background and I do understand "oh ya TTC you had it right BandWidth" the cost and value of this place.

I am sure it will be a long time before I will be able to suport this site with ideas, but helping out monetarily is only a quarter away. :dunno

Guest expertint

If someone in this industry doesn't get $15 mo. worth of entertainment or referrals or knowledge out of this site.You might be better off being the nite manager of a KFC,or sevenellevin...nomaysayn..

Guest ShadyKat
The makes and models section is well on the way to becoming a very useful db, the more users contribute to it, the better it will become.

As far as making the whole site subscription only, well, we would never get any new members, we would lose all search engine referrals, and the tinters registry (where members get free advertising for the asking) would never be seen. :beer

[*]358502

All I was saying is I would be willing to pay for the site as it is; this site has extreme value.

You are correct the makes and models section is very helpful. But you did ask the question what would improve the site. Soooooo

I was thinking something simple and easy to use but that was a little more detail orientated that was user searchable. Say like Edmonds. Put in: Make: Model :year then get a short fact sheet

Details like

Pulling the deck

Any special problem areas

Any special electronics that need to looked after

Ect

Ect

Ect

You all ready have most of this information it is just not easy to find.

Then anyone tinting would like in on this and you would have more subscribers.

:beer:beer

If someone in this industry doesn't get $15 mo. worth of entertainment or referrals or knowledge out of this site.You might be better off being the nite manager of a KFC,or sevenellevin...nomaysayn..

[*]358524

:beer:beer:beer

I dont mind at all subscribing, its the least I could do, with all the shiat iv'e posted here. but it helps ric keep the site running help to continue doing the already great job he has done...a genious at work guys. who would of known there would be a message board about tinting windows...I think the site the the way it is, its good, that way the public can come and view different topics, different threads, ask questions by being a regular member, which are valuable by being that, by giving opinions, sharing new ideas and new techniques, etc etc etc, I only wish this forum nothing but the best and more growth, that way TD can have more pressure.. :cool joking

Archived