Mobile Tinting table

Guest ShadyKat

Guest ShadyKat

I am trying to set up mobile tint table or work area; any suggestions. I am looking for something that I can easily pull out of my truck and set up. Like a BD workmate that I can attach a 30X40 piece of class or cutting board to. I use my computer cut to precut my film so basically all I need is an area to anchor the film while I separate the liner. This needs to look as professional as possible as I have a number of dealerships that are interested.

Any ideas?

:beer

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie

dude, I wish I had a camera to post pics, Ive got a really neat stand I built

It stands up straight but also folds up

really easy to build

what are you hauling everything in?

Guest ShadyKat
dude, I wish I had a camera to post pics, Ive got a really neat stand I built

It stands up straight but also folds up

really easy to build

what are you hauling everything in?

[*]358577

Here is a basic over view of how I have set things up so far.

I have a Toyota Pickup and am putting on a cab high Lear topper. I have three main toolboxes each stocked for a specific task. One for Mechanical tasks, like panel pulling, the second for cleaning and install and the third holds back glass supplies, drop cloths and spare heat guns. Box two and three snap together and are on wheels so deployment is simple. Because I precut everything with my plotter I load my film into separate PVC tubes that are bagged and tagged according to their respective window. This works out really well but I still need a cutting table. What I am thing is something about 30X40 that functions like a drafting table. I am hoping it wont have to be class but instead a cutting mat, because of the weight. Oh and before someone asks, I carry spare film just incase one of my precuts gets crunched.

:spit

Guest ShadyKat
tools0055vz.jpg

you can also use pvc to build a frame for the glass, 

some people just lay the glass on the car, but Im to scared of what a customer might say.

hope this helps

[*]358670

Was unable to get pics ended up at the imageshack web site. Bingo on the to scared of what eh customer would think not to mention how horribly wrong something could go. How ever it could make for a good horror storey post. :spit

Guest ShadyKat
Im not sure whats up with imageshack,  unless its bussey on the weekends.

I can email the pics to you if you want.

[*]358682

Re-visited the forum and bingo there they were.

Guest ShadyKat
tools0055vz.jpg

you can also use pvc to build a frame for the glass, 

some people just lay the glass on the car, but Im to scared of what a customer might say.

hope this helps

[*]358670

Thanks, this along with something I have seen else ware has given me some ideas if it comes together and works good I will post pics. :spit

Archived