what am i doing wrong??

Guest jason11286

Guest jason11286

it seems so far I have the rolldown windows covered pretty well for bein noob, but this damn heatshrinking is killin me. I can do all the rolldowns and 1/4's, but when I get to the rear window, I just screw up. here's what I do, pleeeease gimme some pointers (btw I wet shrink): spray the glass with my solution, lay tint on it, cut it so its right up against the rubber gasket around rear window (still oversized), anchor right downt the middle horizontally. this is where problems begin; two of them mainly. first off, I cannot for the life of me get the fingers that pop up on the side down to the bottom. they will pop up right where I anchored the film on the left and right sides. even if, thats a big fat if, I finally force them to pretty much the top and the bottom of the glass, but they form this huge azz finger that always ends up creasing. I can shrink the whole back glass perfectly until I get to that one problem. any suggestions? thank you

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are u heatshrinking in an H pattern?

H pattern meaning do no let fingers come up on the sides of glass, only heat shrink from top and bottom ones.

if you get a big finger, try layering it down until I gets smaller, and heat shrink lil by lil, it takes time man until you get the hang of it...what SOLUTION are you using to heatshrink?????

just the usual water/shampoo in pressure sprayer. what exactly is this H pattern? I have heard of it but never heard/seen it explained before.

[*]361145

welll here you go.

say you lay the film and trim like you said leave a small space from the border of the black frit line around the glass..

you squeege right the middle across the glass/film and then you squeege up and down the sides until you have no fingers on the sides...then work it from there...

that is why its called an H patter, take this letter H and do exactly how its shaped with the film, before heat shrinking...

Have you been taught to invisibly seam? Looks like no.

How long does it take till any of you realise it hurts like hell if you keep hitting your head against a wall? :lol

Stop it and learn an alternative way that proved itself successful way before heat shrinking difficulties were ever experienced. Problem solved in seconds.

devil

Have you been taught to invisibly seam? Looks like no.

How long does it take till any of you realise it hurts like hell if you keep hitting your head against a wall? :lol

Stop it and learn an alternative way that proved itself successful way before heat shrinking difficulties were ever experienced. Problem solved in seconds.

devil

[*]361160

with the famous TG series from madico I guess? or any series say AG as well? :lol

Archived