Guest pastfast125

Guest pastfast125

OK, I have a bunch of questions. When installing tint, do you guys spray the whole window down, or leave a little section at the top to stick the tint to? How do you make sure you get as far side to side as you can? So that it kinda tucks behind the dor moldin type stuff so it looks good...Do you reccomend wearing latex gloves or something? to keep fingerprints out of the tint? What do you tell your customers to clean the tint with? Just fill me in with any beginner tips you have. Thanks. and remember, I'm a newbie, and I gotta start somewheres.

Guest TintsOvOz

:lol Welcome Dude :lol

TOTW&INFO :?

add slip to both glass and film,to fit snug make a stencil first, a peel board or over tha arm to avoid prints, and to heat form the film is quite tricky to explain, I would reco that ya try and do some ex with a pro, surf some old threads on the site to get a better idea, there is heaps of help on here from the US pro,s to get ya going :? , start out right and yall go for ever :?

Oz........... :?

Guest pastfast125

Thanks for the info and the welcome. I do mobile auto detailing, and I want to branch into custom accessories and such, so I figured this is a good place to start. My first tint job will be on my truck, then maybe I'll redo my friends truck, his is terrible, all purple, and the back window is verrrry bubbly and crappy.

Guest pastfast125

I've tried looking all over, can somebody explain to me what heat shrinking or whatever is, and how to do it, and how you reccomend tinting? I never even heard of heat shrinking until this forum, I always though it was just kinda, spray the winde do the fitting and sqeegee it kinda till it's nice and flat, guess I was wrong?

Guest TintsOvOz

Heat forming is very hard to explain due to the fact there are sooooooooomany ways to get the same result if you would like me to explain the way I do it :lol PM me, as explaing on thread it can become interesting :?

Oz............ :?

Guest TintsOvOz
Depends too OZ on the film manufacturer...some films are sons of ...........s to get on.

Devil

[*]362506

:? Dev

Do ya think to hot can contribute to a ghostin???? :lol

As well as a couple of other resasons the brands all seem to have there own trates, ay :?

Oz........... :?

dude welcome to the board

Everything you are asking can be found on the TD homepage

There are numerous topics to choose from especially on all ways of heat shrinking, prepeing the window etc

take the time to look this over and read read read

and practice practice practice

good luck :?

Guest pastfast125

Can somebody please explain, there's a lot of threads on different liquids to use, but none explain what heat shrinking is, what it does, why it's needed and a full explanation on how to do it..And for some reason I can't PM anybody :dunno

Archived