New A6 - Gaskets

Guest chip01

The new audi A6 cannot be tinted without removing the glass. The rubber gasket is connect with the felt at the side of the frame which means it cannot be removed. Unless you are a tucker you have got no chance. If anyone can correct me that would be interesting to know

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beeline
The new audi A6 cannot be tinted without removing the glass. The rubber gasket is connect with the felt at the side of the frame which means it cannot be removed. Unless you are a tucker you have got no chance. If anyone can correct me that would be interesting to know

[*]368942

I do an audi dealership in Atlanta. I have never taken a panel off or removed any gasket. NO PROBLEMS.....

How do can you do that dude. Give me some ideas of your technique is it somthing that I can adopt to what I am doing now and will my quality change because I am not pulling panels

How do can you do that dude. Give me some ideas of your technique is it somthing that I can adopt to what I am doing now and will my quality change because I am not pulling panels

[*]368998

As we all know, Audi and VW are kin, and so alike are the seals....... to a degree, their similairity is they are soft seals, deep inside channels, and high outside trim. It may not seem the right way to do things, but, butt the straight edge of your film on the outside trim on your precut, and when installing, pull the top half of the liner, place, fix, roll up, pull rest of liner. the bottom edge will just want to sneak over the top of the seal, take a hard card and run a edge across the bottom, it should place the tint just bellow the edge..........make very dry........you quality shouldnt change if applied right, it hasnt mine, Im a perfectionist almost to a fault, and at times I lose money for it, so I try to find ways to satisfy me and keep my jobs in a timely manner. Hope this is of any use to you :spit

Guest Gucci Olds

I've done a couple of these and I've found that if I cut the front and back edges of the film really short it works out perfect. For example I usually cut on the outside edges of my marks, well on the A6 I cut on the inside edge. I also cut a really large curve in the bottom, back edge corner of the front two windows as it seems the gasket down there is very tight.

Archived