New A6 - Gaskets

Guest chip01

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gucci Olds
I have to tint one on tuesday 30% white with tan interior. How are the back windows for one piece? from looking at it I would say bulky thats about it. Anyone done a sunstrip?

[*]386123

The back window is a very easy one piece. The only things I recall sucking about the car were the gaskets being pretty damn tight, on the front two windows the backside of the bottom edge of the window has a really tight gasket there that I couldn't get the tint shoved past, and the panel in the headliner you take off to get the brakelight out was in there really, really tight. It esentially pulls straight down but that thing was in there good.

Guest strathytint

is it not possible to cut the door seal and take it out,thus separating it from the felt all round the window? tried fitting it without taking anything off and found it an absolute nightmare,any help would be welcolmed :DD

Guest naughtydog

Only cut the film for the glass...dont have any overhang top/bottom/sides.

You will have to sneak the film behind the botttom gasket by 1mm and micro edge the top.

Not easy but doable

Naughty

Guest Crystal Tints

I have in the past cut the bottom seal away from the side rubbers to allow the film to slide a fair way down..

I removed the parcel shelf aswell (c-post panels off,back seats out) was a @#$% to do. Don't mind if I don't see another one for a while !

Guest seanchild10

I have done one of these and I separated the bottom piece of gasket using a scalpel. you have to be very careful making sure you do it very neatly so it looks as though it came from the factory in that way. make life much easier.

Archived