World?s first inflight cellphone capable plane

Nothing like going on vacation leaving my cellphone home and having the guy next to me :what ing next to me now selling his widgits while flying :what

Anyone else connect the dots on this one?

[*]389672

I'm guessing its to do with the new GPS technology with cell phone companies being able to track your every move :what

Anyone else connect the dots on this one?

[*]389672

I'm guessing its to do with the new GPS technology with cell phone companies being able to track your every move :what

[*]389675

Nope, they've been able to do that since '91. This artcile (and many others I've read) implies normal cell phones don't work on jet airplanes...except on one fateful day. :what

Make's you wonder.

[*]389686

:what Now that I think of it..I was thinking that very thought on that fateful day...why other's phone would work...yet mine wouldn't :what

Guest zolar
Earlier this month, Singapore Airlines announced it would offer Wi-Fi on flights in the Singapore and London corridor. Both airlines are using a service offered by a Boeing subsidiary. The service will let passengers read e-mail and browse the Web through a network set up on the plane. They will also be able to plug their laptops into outlets at every seat.

Singapore Airlines also plans to beam live TV programs to passengers' laptops by mid-2005. The channel lineup will include four international news channels, with sports content to be added later, the airline said.

"Can you imagine 200 people talking at once?" Schonland asked. "It will be bedlam. Who will people h@te more--the dreaded crying baby or the guy who talked on his cell phone for two and a half hours?"

I have read from some alternative sources

some day a single cell phone will lead to a massive accident

even better, now big bubba is beaming RF and EMF :dunno into planes

Te technology has been there for years

The FCC is abouut to give into some serious pressure from somebody

and it ain't the broke-azz airlines :dunno

I should add..I had no interest in being one of "those passengers :dunno on the phone during flight...was only curious if I had coverage or not) :dunno

Archived