2006 ford mustang

Guest tintman72

Guest tintman72

I wanted to let you all know if you did not know already that the new mustang has some major door gasket problems. It appears that the F#$d Motor Company has decided to change the door panel window gaskets to a teflon material (just like Sat**n did) insted of using the traditional felt. The window gasket do scratch the glas and really cause havoc on window film. The manufacturer will not recall this problem as of yet so beware of customers blamming you for the scratches. :hmmm

We all know that no matter what happens to the car, if you are the last to touch the car everythig is your fault. I once had guy try to get me to pay for a new transmission because I tinted his front two windows. :lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
I wanted to let you all know if you did not know already that the new mustang has some major door gasket problems.  It appears that the F#$d Motor Company has decided to change the door panel window gaskets to a teflon material (just like Sat**n did) insted of using the traditional felt.  The window gasket do scratch the glas and really cause havoc on window film.  The manufacturer will not recall this problem as of yet so beware of customers blamming you for the scratches. :hmmm

We all know that no matter what happens to the car, if you are the last to touch the car everythig is your fault.  I once had guy try to get me to pay for a new transmission because I tinted his front two windows. :lol

[*]389863

they did do one thing right on that car and remove most of the dot matrix

its a freakin ford you know it cant be 100% faultless

that type of defect should not be your problem. you tinted the car, nothing wrong with it.

its not your fault that the window tint is scratchign because of faulty gaskets :lol  :hmmm

[*]389901

Werd!

We tell customer before hand and let them know the dilly yo on dem derrr winders. We have been bit in the azz about 3 times before we started telling the customer what the problem was and what was gonna happen. If they know your not gonna warranty that shvit before hand it seems to help alot.

I just re-tinted the doors on two mustangs this past wed. Competitors did not felt, only lasted a week on one car. I had a new mustang come by yesterday for a quote, and the drivers door glass was already scratched, look at the doors glasses good before you take on the job so that you dont get blamed for the damage. They are having the glass changed out here monday and the dealer is paying for he felt job also. I guess they dont want the car back, still has the dealership tag on it.

Archived