FILM REP. PULLS ONE OVER ON ME

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Readyman
My rep after the fact asks if it bothered me after I brought it up to him & said they didn't want to lose my business only to ship some more to him at my shop a couple days later

This guy has absoultely no respect for you if he is pulling crap like this, I would kick him to the curb and let his boss know about it.

There are way to many quality film brands available for you to have to put up with this.

In my opinion shipping the film to your shop marked for one of your employees is a total lack of common sense on his part. If he is willing to do this to your face who knows what else he is doing?

How could you ever trust somebody like that?

Remember if happens to you once, shame on him, if you let it happen to you again, shame on you for not doing something about it.

As regards your employee, let him go, right now, today. Its clear that he is headed out the door anyway, so why continue to pay him if he is only going to try to take your customers and clients when he leaves?

It may hurt a little bit to lose a tinter especially as we start to enter the busy season, but this guy is going on his own no matter what and waiting will only make things better for him and worse for you, so cut your losses and move on.

:thumbdown

Drop your supplier, your employee could have bought film from you, for a few odd jobs, you may have been ok with that.

If they was my suppliers I would drop him

[*]390484

Respect is big with me, if my film rep sold to a shop even close to me I would change but I buy a lot of film so that?s the deal if they want my business! An employee JEEZ!!!!! I sell film to my installers for side jobs at cost and let them do the work in my shop with a 15% commission to my shop for overhead and their convenience of doing the job during regular hours. To many great film companies out there to put up with that! :thumbdown

If I had an employee purchase film from my supplier with the sole purpose to do side work, that would be the last day they are employed. PERIOD!

:thumbdown Can't have your cake and eat it too. Either go off on your own, or work for someone. Fire the bastard and switch films, or continue to be taken advantage of by sleazy employees and reps. :thumbdown

Guest zolar
Drop him and take another film  supplier.

just my :thumbdown

[*]390467

fire the employee and change films :thumbdown

[*]390469

If I had an employee purchase film from my supplier with the sole purpose to do side work, that would be the last day they are employed. PERIOD!

:finger: Can't have your cake and eat it too. Either go off on your own, or work for someone. Fire the bastard and switch films, or continue to be taken advantage of by sleazy employees and reps. :finger:

[*]390510

damn straight :finger:

fire 'em and switch

no need to put up with that kind of crap

Guest Readyman
Are you gonna drop the next supplier because he sells film to your local competition?

You are missing the point, what the rep did was wrong. The guy is an employee, not a business owner.

If he sets up a shop next door then fine, but as long as he is working for someone else he should have let the owner know.

:beer Can't have your cake and eat it too. Either go off on your own, or work for someone. Fire the bastard and switch films, or continue to be taken advantage of by sleazy employees and reps. :bingo

[*]390510

:bingo I am with ya OT :thumbdown

Archived