FJ Cruiser

tintinater

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest s13envy

well....the panels pop right off.  2 screws and it's off.  and the gaskets are shiatty plastic with no felt.  

Solargard's new Supreme 28 seems to match up quite nicely to it.   :gasp

FJ2.jpg
FJ1.jpg

After seeing this I purchased the same tint to do an 08 fJ and when I applied it, it had a green tint to it and didn't match the factory tint at all. I was just wondering if it should look that way or if maybe I got a bad roll of tint.

well...yeah. I used to do that back when I originally posted this thread, but now I don't do it. the film I use is durable enough. plus it's not my fuggin' fault that manufacturers don't put decent gaskets on vehicles.

Been thinking about throwing the felt to the dogs too, been having issues with it coming off years later and customers sort of being a pain about it. I'm pretty reasonable, but it would be nice if they would understand its less a workmanship problem and more an imperfect solution to a problem that we didn't create.

As for matching, I metered a new 4runner privacy @28%, put some 35 atc and got 29% from it. Granted solar green and Toyota purple will be impossible to make match, staying on the lighter side kept it looking less noticeable.

Archived