C Cut in shop and production work?

Hi all! Can anyone give me some feedback on using SG?s computer cut for all or most of the cars done in the shop? I can book 25 -30 cars a day but I am slowly losing the manpower to get-um-done. :lol Also any feedback on production shop tinting using one tinter with several helpers. What duties would each have? :eyebrows

Guest Olfablade

The best patterns are cut on the car in front of you! Save $ and train them on pattern cutting on the actual car! It'll be far more profitablwe for you than buying a plotter system and pattern subscription if you can teach them the ART of tinting! :lol

The best patterns are cut on the car in front of you! Save $ and train them on pattern cutting on the actual car! It'll be far more profitablwe for you than buying a plotter system and pattern subscription if you can teach them the ART of tinting! :eyebrows

[*]391496

I have SG system on board but don?t use it for window film. I do train and then they open up next door. I?m getting kind of tired of that???. Treat them great; give bonuses on top of great pay and benefits.

What my question is........ is there anyone in the members section that can give me feedback on experience using the computer cut system to get decent pattern fit and if anyone has experience with production tinting. Production tinting uses one tinter/artist (extremely proficient) and two helpers. The tinter would be in charge and probably heat form and direct the application. Everyone moves on is my point. Why keep training local when there are other ways to run a large shop with fewer tinters? :lol

Guest zolar
The best patterns are cut on the car in front of you! Save $ and train them on pattern cutting on the actual car! It'll be far more profitablwe for you than buying a plotter system and pattern subscription if you can teach them the ART of tinting! :lol

[*]391496

I have SG system on board but don?t use it for window film. I do train and then they open up next door. I?m getting kind of tired of that???. Treat them great; give bonuses on top of great pay and benefits.

What my question is........ is there anyone in the members section that can give me feedback on experience using the computer cut system to get decent pattern fit and if anyone has experience with production tinting. Production tinting uses one tinter/artist (extremely proficient) and two helpers. The tinter would be in charge and probably heat form and direct the application. Everyone moves on is my point. Why keep training local when there are other ways to run a large shop with fewer tinters? :beer

[*]391505

That is what Mr Benoit designed the Computer Cut system for :lol

and it makes good sense to train the locals on cleaning and installing only

....they can't compete if they can't cut a pattern or heat shrink

I would talk to Blade about CC and Tintdesigns about the filmdesignz system

they could get you going with accurate plotter patterning

.....it might also be helpful to promote the school harder in the national arena,

perhaps even an alliance with some more film companies.

so enrollment would be less folks from your area.

...and enforcing a strict non-comperte will deter this problem from future local students.

it sucks, but you may have to make an example out of a few competing shops.

:eyebrows good luck Brothamang :eyebrows

finding people to last for a while is a subject over discussed. good luck man.

[*]391735

:thumb Right on mr. Tint! I don?t generally train locally with my school, students in that program come from around the world. I have several film companies? recommend us and supply film for training the people they send. The problem locally is with employees I have trained that decide my business can?t survive without them. Jeeeees! The business would be their without me!!!! All have signed non compete contracts that are very lenient as to be easier to hold up in court. Not allowed to work within 10 miles for 3 years in exchange for training / teaching the skills of tinting. Lawyers say I might win for spending around 10,000 and it would cost them about the same win or lose! It all sounds like to much drama for me so I just concentrate on how to make my business work and try not to worry about them?????? hard sometimes not to vent but thank God this is a free country!!!

I think their might be a solution for me putting out lots of cars and maintain quality by utilizing crews that each have a experienced tinter running it. I need to figure out the duties and pay! I don?t know about using the computer cut in maintaining quality. Any more thoughts? :gasp

Archived