Start Up Capital

One thing alot of people overlook is how much money they have put back to live on , a new business venture does not become profitable over night no matter how much start up capital you have.rather then put alot of money out in the begging            I  kept most of my money to live on an did not take any money out of the company for while I just put all the earnigs back into the company :thumb

[*]391764

That was my biggest mistake... not putting enough back into the business. I should have put 90% back and just kept what I needed, but my thinking was off :gasp and didn't figure that out until this past fall.

RoAcH

I started up with about 30k and our shop was bare. within the first year we put almost 100% back into the bus. and we ended up spending another 100k within the first year. about 30k was towards advertising. you do everything right and dont skimp on the important things like advertising and you will never have to worry about the amount of jobs you will have.

Guest tallscott

For those who start with cash - How much went where? Inventory, Office, Marketing, Insurance? Did you start with flat glass, automotive, both? I've had other businesses- now film, but I can see marketing is the life or death of any business. I'll dump 20k into marketing this year. Got about $1000.00 in tools. Home office for now. Small inventory, I order when I have deposit for jobs. Just did 60,000 coupon mailer for $1,700.00 We'll see how it goes? Only doing flat glass don't need a store front. Will sub for now maybe hire later.

What coupon mailer did u use?? Can you keep us posted? I've looked into doing this... called a handful of other shops who use it to see what there response was. Most people said it paid for itself, but that's about it. Now, I have no idea what kind of area they covered... and who knows how many customers they got from word of mouth from those who did respond...

I don't think I'll do it this year, but next year I plan to give it a go.

RoAcH

Guest tallscott

I used Pakmail. Seems that most people I talk to will open them and at least look. I'm on the coast -south. They cost about 2.9 cents to mail. Hell, I can't touch that doing it myself. I'll let you know if I loose my as@ or not. If so it will be a smaller bite then if I did it myself. Also I'm running TV spots at the same time. That doesn't cost much more - $500.00 for the month. I pick where and when it shows - 30 second spots with them doing the production of the spot included! That the one I will watch like a hawk!! We'll see. Gotta be to win!!

Archived