2006 Honda Accord Tint Problems

Guest Seeker

Guest Seeker

I have a 2006 Accord and the shop originally did not put in felt strips. A week later it started scratching so I was charged more money for them to put in felt strips. After that if you roll down the window within 2 days after washing or it raining water streaks on the inside. Now for the second time the felt has come off and leaves a sticky residue on the inside window. Is there another way to do this? Is anyone else having the problem with the moisture on the inside? The felt coming off?

Please help!

I know this doesn't help directly, but do a favor for us tinters and as you as a consumer, complain to Honda about it as well...they don't listen to us tinters about such issues..bu you as a paying customer and consumer of their product ..if enough consumers complain ..perhaps they'll change back the way it used to be in a year or two so it won't inconvenience you or the tinter to felt them...I ask all my Honda customers to do this ..one day they might get the message that their customers like tint on their cars :beer

There are numerous post about the 03 and up accords scratching tint. Adding felt yourself is the only answer, GOD FORBID that the manufacturer will do anything about it.

Guest vclimber

Like most things, prepwork is key to a good felt installation. It's hard for us to determine whether it was a lack of preparation or felt with poor adheasive. If you get it redone, try another shop, sounds like you already gave the last one 2 chances.

Guest Seeker

Me again and it has happened a 3rd time(the felt came off and left a sticky residue on the window). Once the felt was applied, can you get it off the rubber molding (if you remove the tint) or does the rubber need to be replaced? Dont know what to do now! :eyebrows

Guest tintgod
Me again and it has happened a 3rd time(the felt came off and left a sticky residue on the window). Once the felt was applied, can you get it off the rubber molding (if you remove the tint) or does the rubber need to be replaced? Dont know what to do now! :eyebrows

who applied the felt?...if it is the tint place you had it done at....take it back..and have them fix it..or take it off or live with it...these felt strips are not factor..and if you have a problem with it..take it back to the honda dealership...and see if they can install factor felt strips on your panels..other then that ..it is not up to the tint shop to fix a (factory cut corners to save money) f-up

so your two options are

1.. have someone apply the felt strips right...or

2... take it up with the honda dealership and see if they can fix/replace the door panel weather stripping with felted ones.

and yes..once the felt strip is applied ..it can be taken off..if need be

Archived