Can't get Prestige

Guest KCTinter

Guest KCTinter

Good morning!

I read with interest your other thread on Prestige. As a loyal 3M dealer for 11 years, needless to say I am quite PO'd that my company cannot get the Prestige line. I guess we were not big enough for 3M!

I would be very interested in hearing from any dealer who did get the Prestige line. Do you have quotas? Our distributor told me there were quotas. Just wondering!

Also, I know some other films were mentioned in the previous Prestige thread. My company is thinking of getting another line. Panorama, V-Kool and HO are out, as I think other film companies in the area have exclusives. What other line would be a good one?

NV continues to be a good seller for us. But having an option like Prestige would have been super. D*MN 3M! I just really can't understand their marketing ploy.

Many thanks for your input!

As a loyal 3M dealer for 11 years, needless to say I am quite PO'd that my company cannot get the Prestige line. I guess we were not big enough for 3M!

You know what I would do with contempt like that?

I tell the distributor to shove their business right up their clacker and never grace my door again.

I'm way beyond that sort of crap treatment. :stop:evilgrin

Devil

Guest vclimber

There is probably a lot to consider when choosing a dealer who will represent your premium lie of film. Are you doing a lot of flat glass, how many employees do you have, what does you visible representation look like, can you meet their percieved earning potential for your area or is there another dealer there who can? This is of course in addition to minimum purchase requirements and buy-ins.

It must be frustrating to be an 11 year customer and not be able to carry the line... :evilgrin sorry to hear of your diappointment. There are other good company's out there that will be happy to help you grow your business and perhaps let you represent them by carrying a premium line of film exclusively. Make some phone calls. :lol2

As a loyal 3M dealer for 11 years, needless to say I am quite PO'd that my company cannot get the Prestige line. I guess we were not big enough for 3M!

I tell the distributor to shove their business right up their clacker and never grace my door again.

I'm way beyond that sort of crap treatment. :lol2:lol2

Devil

clacker? :lol2

Good one Dev, never heard you use it before. I think I know what it is but I'm not sure? :stop

But having an option like Prestige would have been super. D*MN 3M! I just really can't understand their marketing ploy.

Is this any different than not all LLumar dealers getting Vista, not all Solar Gard dealers getting Panorama, etc.

I'm way beyond that sort of crap treatment. :sad:lol2

Devil

:dunno

Guest KCTinter

Thank you all for your reply. Clacker? Never heard that one before! I wish we did have a second line so we could use that "solution," Devil!

I did not realize the same marketing concept was applied to Panorama and Vista. I'll bet you all were PO'd, too.

But I still do not understand WHY Prestige needed to be handled differently from any other 3M film. Maybe that's why I am not a marketing executive.

I also did not realize there were minimum purchase requirements and buy-ins, VClimber. Essentially, 3M probably needs to recoup their investment FAST. Or perhaps this is all marketing HYPE to make the buyer THINK they are getting the next best thing since sliced bread.

Yeah, we are a small company. All flat glass. But we take great pride in personalized service, plus, the best installs around!

Guess Sh!t really does happen. Back to the drawing board.

Again, thanks!

KC,

I can sell Panorama without any provisos downunder.

No one has to be accredited, no buy in, no assigned territory, no premium price, no anything other than "what's the colour of your money?"

This is so because a sale is still a sale and a national distributor who doesn't install has to make money the only way he can...selling bulk film.

Devil :cool

Archived