mid 90's s class with 2 pane doors

Ryker

Anyone ran into the crazy double pane doors on an s-class and had any issues with doing dark film on them? I did one and before I did it called factory head tech who advised not to put on dark film. I have a new customer that is looking to get his done now and wants it dark.

Is this not a similar issue to the thermal stress issues of dual pane house windows?

Please advise!

Guest ninjatinter

I did plenty back in the day with suntard 20% slate and never had an issue. However I saw a bmw double pane jobbuy the other day that was all screwed up. :spit

thanks......found an old thread where others said they had done them with 5% and no problems...I just want my customer to know that there is the chance for thermal stress and all.....

anyone else done these??

Guest ninjatinter
thanks......found an old thread where others said they had done them with 5% and no problems...I just want my customer to know that there is the chance for thermal stress and all.....

anyone else done these??

Wha? You don't trust the Ninja?!!! You need second opinion eh??? OIC!!!!!!

:spit

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

just do it,you won't be near the car anyways if there is a problem,such as the glass breaking,so how could it be your fault? :spit

I know gung fu.....ninja fight? hehe :spit

seriously though I just want to be sure the customer knows the possiblity of it......

wanted to check to see if I could find a great number of you that had done them and if you acutally knew that there were no issues with a 5% film on them........

customer really wants 5%

Archived