Fingers popping up on doors

Guest Oh_Yeah

I posted that you could give me a quick shout for some tips on this car, but if your from aussieland..that would be an expensive call :dunno

Guest Shady

On some of the more curved side windows I apply some heat to the film after I've measured it on the outside. it stops fingers popping up after you've installed them on the inside and your less likely to cause any problems heating them up before the install.

Guest JMass
On some of the more curved side windows I apply some heat to the film after I've measured it on the outside. it stops fingers popping up after you've installed them on the inside and your less likely to cause any problems heating them up before the install.

Use a hard card wrapped with paper towel an heat the bottom edge :dunno

Hi just got a quick question, been tinting a few mazdas lately and one thing ive noticed is on doors, either front or rear, I tint them, finish the window off, put the door panel back on, everythings good, then let the car sit for half and hr and usually its one door out of the car on average, a spear will pop out from the bottom, like it will come thru where the felt/rubber is along the bottom, there usually only small spears like an inch long, sometimes u can just push them down with a corner card, other times they wanna keep popping back up. any ideas? ive asked the other tinter he rekons its coz of the colder weather (its winter in australia) and the tint being fresh, have any of u's got anymore ideas just that its frustrating for the boss because he dosnt want to return the car back to the car yard then a spear pops up on a door after we have returned the car, so lately we have been like leaving the cars sit for abit b4 we return them to the car yard.

heat on the outside of the glass while using a hardcard of some sort to push it down until it sticks. dont worry, itll dry! :hmmm:dunno

Archived