Burn on the side-mirror base

Guest Extractor

DAYUM!!!

That kid really did burn the sh!t out of it didn't he!!!!

No excuse for that AT ALL!!!!

BUT

I know for a fact, you can replace the glass molding WITHOUT the mirror.

You're right about one thing!!! The service advisor knew exactly what he was doing when he ordered the parts.

He's there to make money!!!! Most of them get a percent of what they sell.$$$$$$

GOOD LUCK to you Mr. Extractor, when your warranty is up and you spend 2 Grand on a front break job!!!

That status symbol you call your "baby" won't seem so comforting to your ego then...S-A-Mooned.gif

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Extractor
DAYUM!!!

BUT

You're right about one thing!!! The service advisor knew exactly what he was doing when he ordered the parts.

He's there to make money!!!! Most of them get a percent of what they sell.$$$$$$

GOOD LUCK to you Mr. Extractor, when your warranty is up and you spend 2 Grand on a front break job!!!

That status symbol you call your "baby" won't seem so comforting to your ego then...S-A-Mooned.gif

First of all, what car I choose to drive is non of your business. It comes with 4 year / 50k miles free maintenance and that covers anything from wiper blades to the break pads. After the free maintenance period is over, I could trade it in for something else. "Status symbol"? It's not an M5 or a 750i. It's just a freaking 3 series. I've never heard anyone say "status symbol" for a non-M3 3 series car.

Let's assume that this car was your 6 year old son. You take him to a dentist to have sealants placed on his permanant teeth. He goes into the operatory for the procedure but when he comes out, the corners of his mouth has 3rd degree burn!!! :thumb Do you think putting some bandages and some polysporin will put you at ease? :ppdance

You will DEMAND that he goes to the best plastic surgeon in the country!!! Not to mention a multi-million dollar lawsuit to follow. :cooldot

I treat this car as if it was my 6 year old son. Don't tell me to accept compromises for my child!!! I want this car back in its exactly the same pre-damaged condition.

The service advisor who made the repair estimate told me that the parts are expensive since they are powerfolding mirror bases. He said it could have been a lot cheaper if they weren't powerfolding. He also said the mirrors need to be transplanted to the new base, so I am assuming that he is only replacing the base.

As for the labor, I'm not goning to tell them to hurry up and finish the job in record time. I'd rather see that they do a proper job and I don't care if it takes 24 hours of labor.

This car is my baby and I demand the best possible care for it. And YOU would do the same if it's a car you bought with your hard earned cash.

The shop owner took care of the problem and was very professional. Here is a quote from his e-mail.

> Mr. XXXXX

> Thank you for sending the photos to us for review. I agree with you and I

> personally want to apologize for the inconvience. I believe our insurance

> company has contacted you already. As agreed, we have already credited

> your credit card for the installation. I can only hope that when discussed

> that you feel we stepped up and took care of the situation as best we

> could under the circumstances.

Now, this is how you treat your customers in case you @#$% up their cars!

Guest a1wintinter

DAYUM!!!

BUT

First of all, what car I choose to drive is non of your business. It comes with 4 year / 50k miles free maintenance and that covers anything from wiper blades to the break pads. After the free maintenance period is over, I could trade it in for something else. "Status symbol"? It's not an M5 or a 750i. It's just a freaking 3 series. I've never heard anyone say "status symbol" for a non-M3 3 series car.

Let's assume that this car was your 6 year old son. You take him to a dentist to have sealants placed on his permanant teeth. He goes into the operatory for the procedure but when he comes out, the corners of his mouth has 3rd degree burn!!! :cooldot Do you think putting some bandages and some polysporin will put you at ease? :ppdance

You will DEMAND that he goes to the best plastic surgeon in the country!!! Not to mention a multi-million dollar lawsuit to follow. :coffee

I treat this car as if it was my 6 year old son. Don't tell me to accept compromises for my child!!! I want this car back in its exactly the same pre-damaged condition.

The service advisor who made the repair estimate told me that the parts are expensive since they are powerfolding mirror bases. He said it could have been a lot cheaper if they weren't powerfolding. He also said the mirrors need to be transplanted to the new base, so I am assuming that he is only replacing the base.

As for the labor, I'm not goning to tell them to hurry up and finish the job in record time. I'd rather see that they do a proper job and I don't care if it takes 24 hours of labor.

This car is my baby and I demand the best possible care for it. And YOU would do the same if it's a car you bought with your hard earned cash.

The shop owner took care of the problem and was very professional. Here is a quote from his e-mail.

> Mr. XXXXX

:thumb

Guest tinterjim

We all know shiot happens when applying an aftermarket product. I know I've burnt mirrors before and had to replace them. Extractor I believe the tint shop handled the situation perfectly, but for you to want them to remove the tint is retarded. The job peformed was fine. The problem the you saw on the pass. window was what I would assume is ghosting from being heated. The installer should have used a lower setting on his heatgun to prevent that, but it is nothing that would be a problem in the future.

BTW, I find it disturbing that you would view your 3 series BMW as a 6 year old child. :thumb It's just a car dude.

Guest Extractor
We all know shiot happens when applying an aftermarket product. I know I've burnt mirrors before and had to replace them. Extractor I believe the tint shop handled the situation perfectly, but for you to want them to remove the tint is retarded. The job peformed was fine. The problem the you saw on the pass. window was what I would assume is ghosting from being heated. The installer should have used a lower setting on his heatgun to prevent that, but it is nothing that would be a problem in the future.

BTW, I find it disturbing that you would view your 3 series BMW as a 6 year old child. :lol It's just a car dude.

I was just trying to make a point. Of course I know it is just a car. :thumbdown

BTW, does ghosting disappear with time? Whenever I look at the passenger side mirror, that annoying white opaque dot (about 1/2 inch in diameter) falls smack in the middle of the mirror. I'm trying to just forget about it, but I can't because I see it everytime I change lanes.

I have a similar opaque dot on the driver's side window film. I also have tons of contamination issues on the back windows. There is a piece something that is about the size of "!" (on your keyboard) trapped between the rear passenger window and the film.

I already got the credit back for the tinting job, so of course I would keep it if it was of decent quality. But it is not. As for having the defective tint replaced, I just can't trust their workmanship any more. I would rather start over and get it done elsewhere.

Guest tinterjim

If there is contamination issues then yes I can see you wanting it redone. Huper is very hard to work with. Maybe you can visit some tint shops in your area and look at the quality they put out and also check to see if the insaller is familiar with working with the huper. I wish you well and keeps us posted.

DAYUM!!!

BUT

Let's assume that this car was your 6 year old son. You take him to a dentist to have sealants placed on his permanant teeth. He goes into the operatory for the procedure but when he comes out, the corners of his mouth has 3rd degree burn!!! :thumbdown Do you think putting some bandages and some polysporin will put you at ease? :lol

You will DEMAND that he goes to the best plastic surgeon in the country!!! Not to mention a multi-million dollar lawsuit to follow. :lol2

> Mr. XXXXX

:lol

S-A-MoonGroup.gif

Guest a1wintinter

Ex. I agree with you totally, I love my Lexus, however I would never put any of my cars on the same level as my kids. Come on really.

Guest Extractor
Ex. I agree with you totally, I love my Lexus, however I would never put any of my cars on the same level as my kids. Come on really.

I was just trying to make a point with the baby comment.

BTW, Thanks for understanding my frustration.

I just want to get the car fixed up soon, so I can get it tinted by someone who know what he is doing.

Archived