Burn on the side-mirror base

Guest Extractor

Guest Extractor
I'm sorry, I meant LEFT SIDE DAMAGE.

How do you edit or delete previous postings? I don't see a button for edit nor delete. Maybe my browser is not compatible?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I don't feel that anyone here is flaming you speciffically. We all feel your pain. Sorry to here of your unfortunate experience. Whether it's an expensive or inexpensive car, no one wants their ride to get damaged. And thanks for being considerate of the reputation of the place where this happened, I'm sure it was an accident,and that they feel terrible. H O is a bear to install and I can see the installer heating the pizz out of that corner to get the film to lay down, thus the burnt mirrors. I hope all goes well in the future for you.

Surly there must be a more reasonable solution (IMO it doesn't look bacd enough that it can't be fixed by some other means ) or some form of financial compensation from the tint shop for the repair that someone should be able to do on it..like mentioned..a bit of a sanding and touch up? Couldn't cost that much.

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

I see your point TW. But, think of this. If it was your car, brand new and all, you would want it back to origanal , and not touched up,even if you couldnt tell.It would bother the hell out of me. And on a side note,the tint shop should have known better than to let the customer find it first.It's a good Idea to bring this sort of thing to a customers attention first, before they find it. Makes you look alot more professional and respectable. Why not charge them 1500. teach them a lesson on 2 things.1-don't burn stuff.2- Be upfront with the customer when something gets damaged.

Your right about being brought up to original ..just sucks because BMW is making a KILLLING on 2 perfectly fine mirrors..you'd think that you could at least purchase the plastic shell separate.

This reminds me of why a customer asked me once why I charge more for a 4dr bmw than his 4dr cavalier I did for him the year before that took the same amount of time ..this thread is a good example of why...the replacement cost in the event something DOES happen.

I also retract any sympathy I may have felt for the tinter...1 mirror pooched by heat perhaps...2 mirrors ??? time to learn a lesson I agree.

Guest olletsoc
I know it sounds ridiculously expensive, but that's the quote from a BMW dealer. They are powerfolding mirrors and costs about $450 each. The rest is labour charge. I am not trying to hose anyone. I am just an upset customer who went in for a tint job and came out with burnt mirror bases.

$600 for labor? :blah:blah:beer changing a mirror is going to take 3 days? :beer:blah:beer those things are held on with 3 bolts behind the door trim. shouldn't take more than 30 mins labor.

Guest a1wintinter

sorry for your headaches EXT. but no one noticed he said the shops insurance is covering it, we all know if a dealer hears insurance is paying then they start the adding $$$$$$ :beer At least the shop has the coverage needed to take care of the probleme, it seems like the insurance company is going to be the biggest loser in this situation. :dunno

The tinter HAD to know he farked it up. I mean what did he think the smell was :DD

I would of sanded it down before pulling it out of the shop and eating 1500 bucks, and if it looked like it did before....then great, no problems. But to think a customer will just over look something like that or not notice or care is crazy. I mean hell, we already get blamed for even the 5 year old rock chips that are rusting but yet somehow that chip and rust developed the day we had their car, why would a guy think he could get off after lighting some dudes mirrors on fire with a heat gun?! :DD

Archived