Doing my 1st install with HiLite 70

From what I understand (and read here) this film is going to be thicker than the normal n10xx Rxx LuLu stuff that im used to installing.

Ive been told that its going to be similar to installing a 4mil film (lots of pushing or the water spots will be left behind and will not dry out) and im fine with that however they are telling me the edges MUST be sealed.

My question(s) are

1. Must I seal the edges (Manhattan Install Penthouse 65 Flr)

2. If Yes then what exactally does sealing the edge entail ive heard everything from "brushing" a sealer on to Caulking. If Caulk do I just shoot a bead or do I have to tape and use a finger and how perfect does the seal job have to be if I miss a spot is the film goin to corrode

3. Has anyone that used this film had issue with water spots that wont dry and what would you suggest for a 1st pass squeegee and a final pass and how many passes (4 passes is normally what I do on 4 mil films)

4. If I have to caulk and its 70% visibility anyway do you think that cutting with a guide is acceptable (1/32" - 1/16" gap)

Any insight is appreciated and anything that I might not be thinking of that is unique to the HiLite film

Peace out Bitches

Guest vclimber

It may come with instructions because if you don't install it right then you can losee some big $$$ in film. Vista's Spectra Select Films come with instructions. HO and V-kool do not.

The film shouldn't be any thicker than your typical Architectural Flast Glass film. The 3 mentioned above are certainly not 4mil. Besides being extra careful about squeege'n you may want to use distilled water in your application solution. The mfg should sell sealer, it is put on with a device that looks like and oversized felt pen. You definitely want to seal this stuff if you are installing it in Manhatten.

Have fun! :dunno

Guest vclimber

Is that a wise ass comment?

I have not received the fim yet but in 20+ years ive never seen an "Instuction" manual

Never seen an instruction "how to" ever in a box.

I think there is a bit of :beer going on. :lol

Devil

:beer Nah Dev, you're just buying the wrong brand. :lol

Archived